Observe Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2021 ‘Vrat’ for Childbirth
By: Future Point | 23-Jan-2021Views : 283
In the Hindu way of life, the ‘Vrat’ or Fast of Ekadashi has great significance. The Lunar month comprises two phases- ‘Shukla Paksha’ (Waxing Phase) and the ‘Krishna Paksha’ (Waning Phase). The 11th date in every phase is called an Ekadashi. Every year there are 24 Ekadashis and in a year where there is an ‘Adhik Maas’ or ‘Mal Maas’, the number of Ekadashis increases to 26.
As per the Hindu Lunar Calendar, the month of Pausha is considered very pious & sacred. The Ekadashi in the Shukla Paksha (Waxing Phase of the Moon) in the month of Pausha is called the ‘Pausha Putrada Ekadashi’.
We all know that there is a sacred ritual of worshipping Lord Vishnu on an Ekadashi. However as per the holy scriptures, worshipping Lord Vishnu on the Ekadashi of the Shukla Paksha of the month of Pausha, blesses a person with the joy of childbirth. Hence, this particular Ekadashi is called Pausha Putrada Ekadashi.
This Ekadashi is very popular among the female community. All the obstacles in the matters of childbirth are dispelled from the lives of couples who wish to become a parent if they observe the fast of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi. Also, couples who are already parents, perform this fast to ensure divine protection for their child.
Consult with the Best Astrologer to know the detailed rituals regarding Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2021 that you could perform to ensure the blessings of Lord Vishnu in your life!
People can observe both ‘Nirjala’ and ‘Phalahari’ types of fasts on Pausha Putrada Ekadashi.
While it is said that observing a fast and worshipping Lord Vishnu in accordance with Vedic Rituals on the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi blesses a couple with a child, it is also said that even listening to or reciting the story behind this specific Ekadashi on this day gives results that are equal to those received by performing a ‘Vajpay Yagya’.
How to Observe the Vrat or Fast on a Pausha Putrada Ekadashi?
- On the day of this Ekadashi, one should take bath early in the morning and take a ‘Sankalp’ or resolution that is prescribed for this particular Ekadashi.
- The ‘Bal Gopal’ form of Lord Vishnu should be worshipped on this Ekadashi.
- One should recite or listen to the story (The Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Katha) that is linked to this occasion.
- The devotees who wish to observe a fast on Pausha Putrada Ekadashi must take light and ‘Satvik’ food a day prior to this Ekadashi.
- The devotees must practice abstinence from worldly pleasures during the period of fasting.
- Post taking the ‘Sankalp’ in the morning of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi, devotees must worship Lord Vishnu with ‘Ganga Jal’, ‘Tulsi Dal’, ‘Til’, ‘Panchamrit’ and Flowers.
- It is prescribed that one should not drink water while on fast and if required then during the evening of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi, one can have some fruits post ‘Deep Daan’.
- The devotee observing the fast should chant or listen to the ‘Bhajans’ or Hymns of Lord Vishnu during the night and should complete the fast next morning on ‘Dwadashi’ by offering ‘Arghya’ to the Sun God.
- For proper completion of the fast, the devotee on the morning of ‘Dwadashi’ should feed a Brahmin or a needy person and offer that person some clothes, money or the articles that the person needs and thereafter perform the ‘Parana’ that finally completes the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Vrat or Fast.
The ‘Tithi’ (Date) and ‘Muhurat’ (Astrological Timings) of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2021 are as follows:
- Pausha Putrada Ekadashi- 24th January 2021
- Beginning of Ekadashi Tithi- 23rd January from 08:56 PM
- Ending of Ekadashi Tithi- 24th January at 10:57 PM
- Timing for ‘Parana’- 25th January 07:13 AM to 09:21 AM
Couples must keep the following in mind:
- In the morning of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2021, they should worship Lord Vishnu together.
- Chant the ‘Santan Gopal Mantra’.
- Feed poor people and donate them things that they could use.
Let us briefly look at the Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Katha!
As per the Holy Puranas, there was a city called ‘Bhadravati’ ruled by a king by the name of ‘Suketumaan’. He was a justice loving king and people lived happily in his kingdom. The king always strived & acted for the betterment of the lives of people living under his rule.
However, both the king and the people of his kingdom always worried about not having an heir to the throne as the king did not have a child. Queen ‘Shaivya’ also lived with the sadness of not having a child.
Not only this, the ancestors of the king also thought that while presently there is Suketumaan to conduct the ritual or ‘Pind Daan’ for them which is done by a child born in the family, but who would do that ritual from the family when Suketumaan is gone? And naturally, the king also worried about the absence of a child that would conduct Pind Daan for himself when he is gone!
The absence of a successor to his kingdom brought the king extreme sorrow. Every person has to clear a Karmic Debt owed to the Ancestors and the Gods in the form of ‘Pitra Rin’ and ‘Dev Rin’. This debt is cleared by the child of a person and without having a child the king was always worried that he would not get out of this Karmic Debt which would make him live in misery in the after world.
There came a time when the king got so depressed that he tried to take his own life but stopped upon realizing that it is a severe sin to commit suicide. All in all, the situation of childlessness was a matter of grave concern for both the king as well as the people of the kingdom.
The king tried to keep himself busy in various kinds of activities pertaining to his kingdom related duties but just as he would get some quiet time alone, the problem of childlessness would start bothering him.
One day, the king went into the forest. After wandering for nearly half of the day, the king became very thirsty and was desperately looking for some water. Soon he came across a beautiful pond that had lotus flowers blooming and swans swimming. The king also saw huts of Sages nearby the pond.
The king was surprised at this sight as he did not know that all of that existed in such a dense forest. He bowed down to the Sages and asked them- ‘Oh Enlightened Beings- who are you, from where have you come to grace this place and how can I be of service to you?’
The Sages said- ‘Oh King, we are ‘Vishwa Devas’ and have come to bathe in this pond.’ The Sages told the king that it is Pausha Putrada Ekadashi and they have come there to observe their Ekadashi Vrat (Fast).
Hearing this, tears burst out of the king's eyes and he told the Sages about his misfortune of childlessness in life. He pleaded with the Sages and asked for a solution by which he and his queen could be blessed with the birth of a child.
The Sages said- Oh King, today is a very auspicious day as it is the Ekadashi of the ‘Shukla Paksha of Pausha Maas’ and if you observe the Vrat (Fast) of this particular Ekadashi strictly in accordance with the Vedic Rituals then your desire will be fulfilled.’
The king observed the Vrat of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi in full compliance with the ritualistic guidelines and conducted the ‘Parana’ as well on the next tithi that is ‘Dwadashi’. As a result, Queen Shaivya became pregnant after some time and later gave birth to a baby boy!
Therefore, a person who observes the Vrat of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi in accordance with the prescribed guidelines and listens to or recites this story, witnesses the fulfillment of his/her desires in life just like King Suketumaan.
If you wish to observe the Vrat (Fast) of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi 2021, contact Future Point and Talk to Astrologer to know the exact details and complete procedure of this Vrat.
Future Point also offers you an opportunity to book an Online Puja on this auspicious occasion that will bring immense joy & prosperity in your life and bless you with the fulfillment of your heartfelt desires!
Join Vedic Astrology Course
यह भी पढ़ें: