Solar Eclipse 2020
A Solar Eclipse is a type of a rare astronomical event that is spectacular to watch, however not without proper gear. Each of these spectacular events is visible from just a certain area, which is directly impacted by this. As explained in astronomy, when the moon, on its orbital path, comes between the Earth and the Sun, hereby engulfing a part of its shadow on the Earth, a Solar Eclipse is formed. This phenomenon is also called Surya Grahan in various parts of the country.
When the new moon is between the earth and the sun, it blocks numerous rays of the Sun which casts a shadow on the various part of the earth. The shadow of the moon is not big enough to cover the whole area of the earth, so the Eclipse occurs only in some parts of the earth. The area affected by the Eclipse might not be the same and it might change various times during a single Eclipse because of the changes during the course of the Eclipse because of changing positions of the Moon and the Earth. The Earth faces two points at a time. It continuously rotates around its axis along with orbiting the Sun, also the moon is rotating around the Earth. This makes it looks like Solar Eclipses are traveling from one place to another.
हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए, यहां क्लिक करें : सूर्य ग्रहण 2020
Types of Solar Eclipses
Solar Eclipses are of 4 types and it is dependent upon the covered portion of the sun’s disk. The different types of Solar Eclipses are:
- Partial Solar Eclipses: This phenomenon happens when the Moon only partially covers the Sun and casts only its penumbra on Earth.
- Annular Solar Eclipses: This majorly happens when the Moon is not enough to cover the entire Sun, and the outer edges of the Sun remain visible. This Eclipse of the Sun happens when the Moon is present near apogee, and the Moon’s shadow falls on the Earth.
- Total Solar Eclipses: When the moon completely covers the Sun it is known as Total Solar Eclipses. It can only happen when the Moon is near perigee. One can only see a total Solar Eclipse if he is present in the path where the Moon casts its darkest shadow.
- Hybrid Solar Eclipses: They are also known as annular-total Eclipses and are the rarest type. They happen when an Eclipse is switching from total to Annular or vice versa.
Solar Eclipse And its Relations With Vedic Astrology
In Vedic Astrology Sun represents one’s mind, soul, and the father. The planet is considered as the elementary source of one’s life. The Sun is the controller of the zodiac signs Leo and in addition to that, it also controls the East direction which is represented by the Gemstone Ruby. It remains exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. A positive Sun in one’s kundli will signify royalty, power, authority, and fame. On the other side, a weak sun increases aggression, ego, and negativity in the person. With the presence of Rahu and Ketu in one’s Kundli there comes a possibility of unfavorable outcomes due to the influence of these shadow planets.
A Solar Eclipse can be defined as a phenomenon wherein the placement of Moon is in such a way that it comes between the Sun & the Earth, thus casting a huge shadow on the Sun. And when this happens, an Eclipse is formed- sometimes a period of total darkness where the Sun’s light can’t enter the earth’s perimeter, or sometimes an Annular or Partial Solar Eclipse with a minor portion of Sun’s rays peeking from behind the moon.
According to Vedic Astrology, the formation of the Rahu and Ketu’s was after the Swarbhanu’s head and torso were separated apart by Lord Vishnu. During the Samudra Manthan, immortal nectar (Amrit) was churned which if consumed can bestow with immortality. The demons stole it from devtas. Then, Lord Vishnu, in the avatar of Mohini was able to get the nectar from them. Swarbhanu saw this moment as an opportunity and he changed his appearance to have nectar. After he was identified by Lord Sun and Lord Moon, Lord Vishnu killed him thereby separating his head from his torso with the help of his Sudarshan Chakra.
Swarbhanu’s head and torso are the shadow planets which are also called Rahu and Ketu now.a These two are considered to be the shadow planets that curse the Moon and Sun by creating a shadow on them, which is ultimately known as the Eclipse.
Solar Eclipse in 2020
- First Solar Eclipse: 21 June 2020 is the date for the first and the Annual Solar Eclipse of 2020. Under the Mrigashirsha Nakshatra in Krishna Paksha, the first Solar Eclipse would take place. This Eclipse would be in the Gemini Zodiac Sign, which would have the most impact on it. The natives associated with this zodiac sign might have to face some unfavorable effects because of this.
- Second Solar Eclipse: 14th and 15th December 2020 i.e. Monday and Tuesday is the date for second and the full Solar Eclipse of 2020. The predictions by Hindu Panchang state that the 2nd Solar Eclipse in 2020 would happen in the Amavasya Tithi in the Hindu month of Jyeshta in the Scorpio zodiac sign.
Precautions during the Solar Eclipse 2020
These are some of the precautions that must be kept in mind during the Solar Eclipse of 2020:
- It should always be kept in mind that the Solar Eclipse mustn’t be seen with naked eyes. One can watch it with the help of glasses, mirror, and reflection.
- One must not use any sharp objects during the Solar Eclipse like knives, scissors, pins, etc.
- One must take care that they do not drink or eat anything during the time of the Solar Eclipse.
- A person must not take a bath during that time or perform any kind of pooja.
- Offering water to the sun while reciting Aditya Stotra can extract maximum benefits for a person.
- One can recite the Maha Mrityunjyay Mantra to avoid any sorts of adverse outcomes.
- The following mantra should also be recited during Solar Eclipse:
ॐ आदित्याय विदमहे दिवाकराय धीमहि तन्न: सूर्य: प्रचोदयात!!
These are the two Solar Eclipses that are prominent in 2020. And there are some rules, precautions, and things that need to be noted during that time. This period can also bring a lot of tragedies, unhappiness, and problems in one’s life. For making sure to avoid all sorts of mishappenings during this time, one can Talk to the Astrologer and get the most accurate solutions and precautions.