Improve your luck and wealth with Mahashivratri 2022
By: Future Point | 17-Feb-2022Views : 861
India is a country of religious traditions and festivals that have been deeply rooted in every Indian soul. We believe in divine energies and their impact on our lives. One of supreme divinity is Lord Shiva, who is revered in almost all houses of the nation. Shiva is not seen as a person but ultimate truth that is present even in the tiniest atom on this Earth. When we talk about Lord Shiva, we are talking about the eternal bliss we feel merely by chanting the word “Shiva”!
Astrology is an ancient science which records the influence of planetary movements in the sky on our lives but at the same time it shows the way towards spiritual growth as well. Shiva and spirituality are non separable and we may introduce ourselves to this divine amalgamation on the day of Maha Shivratri - the most sacred festival of Lord Shiva. We all must be aware of “Shivratri” that occurs before every new moon and Maha Shivaratri is a grand form of shivratri. We may consider it to be the essence of all 12 Shivratris surfacing every month in a year.
Shiva devotees stay awake the whole night on auspicious night of Maha Shivratri. They also perform pujas, chant Vedic hymns, and do rudra abhishekam. They also meditate to attain oneness with the divinity. These sacred practices bring relief from our sins and put our miseries to an end.
Maha Shivratri date and timings 2022, India
Every year, Hindu festival Mahashivratri falls around February-March and the devotees celebrate this day with great devotions. In the year 2022,
Mahashivratri date in 2022 - March 1, 2022
Mahashivratri day in 2022- Tuesday
Nishit Kaal mahashivratri puja timing – 2 March, 2022 (12:08 A.M. to 12: 58 A.M.)
Duration- 50 minutes
Mahashivratri prahar puja timings 2022:
- Shivratri Prana Time- 06:45 AM to 2nd March 2022
- Ratri first prahar puja-06:21 PM to 09:27 PM
- Ratri second prahar puja- 9:27 PM to 12:33 PM on 2nd March 2022
- Ratri third prahar puja- 12:33 AM to 3:39 AM, on 2nd March 2022
- Ratri fourth prahar puja- 03:39 AM to 6:45 AM, on 2nd March 2022
The religious significance of Mahashivratri
- Mahashivaratri is the day when Lord Shiva married Devi Parvathi and the married couples who worship Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati on this day get rid of all their troubles and hardships in life. Lord Shiva and devi Parvati blesses them with a blissful married life.
- It is believed that after the demise of Devi Sati, Lord Shiva went into a deep trance and woke up only after Sati, in her reincarnated form as Parvati, worshipped him with full devotion. This was the day of reunion of her with Shiva. Hence, the day is also seen to bring transformation in one’s life to gain higher realm in current birth.
- Ancient texts state that Lord Shiva performed Tandava dance signifying three elements of preservation, creation, and destruction on Mahashivratri.
- Another ancient source says that Shiva consumed the urn of poison came out of the great churning of the ocean in order to save destruction of the world. It was the auspicious day of Maha Shivratri.
- Worship of Lord Shiva puts an end to all our miseries and sins. It paves the way for righteous karmas and righteous way of living life. Lord Shiva blesses us with sadbudhi or wisdom to lead a life endowed with good karmas.
- People also believe that Lord Sadashiv- the formless descended on the Earth in the form of Lingodhbhav Moorthi at midnight on Mahashivratri only. Therefore, devotees stay awake and offer prayers to the Lord to get His blessings.
- Scriptures also say that Lord Shiva attained stillness after penance of millions of years on this day. So, this night symbolizes still state of body and senses.
- On the day of Mahashivratri, the energy of the northern hemisphere radiates into us which is the reason behind spiritual awakening this day.
The importance of Mahashivratri as per Astrology
- Astrology says that moon has no strength on Chaturdashi or near amavasya. The moon loses its shine to send energy to the Earth. But, through the worship of Lord Shiva, who bears a crescent yet a waxing moon in His hair we may increase the strength of the Moon. Moon is very important in astrology and forms several auspicious astrology yogas in a person’s kundli. A native with weak moon always remain mentally disturbed with bitter relations with most of his/her acquaintances. Therefore, worshipping Lord Shiva on His extremely auspicious day of Mahashivratri makes one’s moon stronger.
- A talk to astrologer states that strong Moon is a karaka of a peaceful and wealthy life and one should always make efforts to strengthen his/her moon. The auspicious day of Maha Shivratri comes once in a year and gives an excellent opportunity to resolve all your life problems related to education, health, business, and career with worship of Lord Shiva.
- During the phase of Mahashivratri, Sun reaches Uttarayana or Northern hemisphere. This changing movement of Lord Sun calls for a change of season and praying to Lord Shiva brings very auspicious results.
- Thoses awaiting kids may also plan progeny during this phase of Mahashivratri. Legend says that Kamadeva was restored to life by Lord Shiva on this day and thus cupid is in its optimum power.
- It is amazing to know that as per Vedas, the 12 Jyotirlinga also have a connection with 12 Moon signs of the zodiac.
Things to do on Mahashivaratri
The scriptures have specified some unique ways through which one may attain blessings of Lord Shiva. There is a routine to follow in order to reap the desired results and excel in life. Let’s learn about them:
Devotees take bath in early morning and then after wearing clean clothes they visit temple and take sankalp of fasting throughout the day. One should keep fast, meditate, chant shiva mantras, perform Rudra abhishekam and worship shivalingam. Fasting detoxifies our body which ultimately helps to meditate. One may however take fruits. Fasting brings blessings of Lord Rudra.
Devotees should remain awake and meditate the whole night. Scholars suggest that even if you can’t meditate daily then you should meditate at least for one day on the day of Maha Shivaratri. Meditating this day may bring enormous positive psychological effects.
One should sit silently and chant “Om namah shivay” this day. This is the most powerful mantra to bring harmony in life. The chant is known to balance all the five elements in body and thus bringing eternal peace and joy to us. One may also recite shiv tandav stotram and Kala bhairav ashtakam.
Rudra abhishekam or puja
A special puja called rudra abhishekam is performed to appease Lord Shiva this day. Chanting of vedic mantras fills the environment with positivity and purity. The impure surroundings are transformed into positive to attract fortunes and peace in life. One may book Mahashivratri Maha Pujan with best of the purohits at Future Point to get the maximum benefits of this auspicious day.
Shiva Linga signifies the formless depiction of Lord Shiva. Devotees worship shiva linga with many offerings like belpatra, dhatura, panchamrit, naivaidyam, flowers and other herbs of divine significance. You may seek the help of a pandit to perform the puja in the right way. The puja ends tamas elements in our body as soon as we bring our very being to the divine feet of Lord Shiva this day.