Why Shubh Muhurat Be Considered Before Starting Any New Task
By: Future Point | 07-Aug-2018Views : 2986
Muhurat is the auspicious time, calculated using the Panchang (Almanac as per Hindu calendar) in the field of occult science. This Occult science is none other than the ancient science introduced through our Vedic text called Astrology. Thus, Muhurat or auspicious time is a calculation in the field of astrology before staring any new task.
Thus, a Muhurat can be calculate for the auspicious date, day and time for say Marriage, house warming, or even to start a business or a new line of activity to maximise its fruits. It is hence said, that a good start is a half work done. The rest will be only to complete the circle.
Now, in this case, how is the auspicious time or Muhurat decided? For this one would have to consult an expert and learned astrologer who would use the Panchang or an Almanac (Hindu Calendar) to arrive at an auspicious time or a Shubh Muhurat.
Also See: Kundali Matching for marriage
Some of the methods to calculate Shubh Muhurat are followed are as follows:
- Abhijit Muhurat: Abhijit Muhurat is considered to be very auspicious and fruitful. It starts from 24 minutes before midday every day and ends 24 minutes after midnight. This is followed widely in the Northern parts of India.
- Dho (Two) Ghati Muhurat: The time duration of two hours is called Dho (two) Ghati Muhurat, which is like 48 minutes. This is done only for certain specific activity.
- Lagna Table: We do see the Lagna Table while predicting the Muhurat for marriage and entry in new house. This will be explained in detailed below.
- Gauri Shankar Panchangam: Gauri Shankar Panchangam is also called “Nalla Neram” in Tamil, which means auspicious time. A very auspicious method followed extensively in Tami Nadu in India. This Muhurat is considered highly favourable and deliver good results.
- Choghadiya: According to astrology, if no auspicious time can be obtained for any work, that can be performed in Choghadiya Muhurat. Though this is a vague explanation, only considered for auspicious for buying and selling related activity.
- Hora: In the absence of auspicious time, there is an arrangement of Hora chakra in astrology to complete the activity. Here again, it is considered only on certain special cases.
Check: Love percentage with true love calculator
Other than the above mentioned Muhurat types, the following are some of the step by step approach used to calculate an auspicious time or Shubh Muhurat.
Now, when we talk of Panchang, the term in itself says that it is a combination of 5 parts or Panch-ang. Therefore these 5 parts of Panchang are as follows:
It states with Vaar (day of the week), then it is the Thiti (is a Lunar day), Nakshatra (constellation), Yog (characteristics of that day) and Karna (a calculation which is ½ of a Thiti) thus these five parts are studies in detailed along with the horoscope of a native to arrive at an auspicious day and date.
Here the horoscope is very important since the alignment of the date and day with that of the native’s horoscope is a must. This is the first step while calculating a Shubh Muhurat.
Once a list of auspicious day and date is arrived at, then the next step to choose the best time to initiate an activity. As mentioned earlier, for marriage and house warming ceremony, one must check the Lagna Table. A lagna table is very important in Vedic astrology and again in calculating Shubha Muhurat. For a Lagna is none other than the twelve-zodiac signs starting from Aries till Pisces, the selection of a good lagna is very important. Here to consider a good lagna, following two points are considered. They are: Category of Lagan and is the Lagna afflicted by many malefic planets.
Also Read: Why Guna Milan is important in Marriage?
Now, as one would know the lagna is categories as Common sign (Aries, Caner, Libra and Capricorn), Fixed Signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) signs and Dual Signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces). Of this table, the fixed lagna is the most auspicious, followed by Common and least is the Dual signs. In fact, Dual signs Lagans are always avoided. Since they are considered least stable and inauspicious. On the other hand, a fixed ascendant will lead to fructification of results. Thus, along with Lagans even the 10th house is considered from the lagna. Since, even the 10th house will be a fixed sign (forming a square) from the lagna, they are checked to see if the 10th house of karma is not afflicted by any malefic planet along with the lagna.
Only if these two points are satisfied, a suitable lagna is selected along with the dates and day decided by Panchang. This forms the foundation for an auspicious time for any activity.
Finally, a Rahu Kaal is avoided while deciding the Shubh Muhurat. Since, this will lead to negative influence while deciding the Muhurat time. With this, the auspicious time or Shubh Muhurat is calculated finally.
To get assistance form a learned and expert astrologer, one can visit our Web site www.futurepointindia.com. or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . And seek an opinion form our learnt and expert astrologer. We at Future Point are a team of expert astrologers in Delhi and have been active for over 3 decades.