Mars Phobia – Is It Justified?
By: Future Point | 06-Mar-2020Views : 1897
Everyone has an opinion about Mangalik Dosha. It is the buzzword for astrologers as well as commoners. People are of the view that Mangalik Dosha is a big detriment to a happy and blissful married life. Groom’s parents are more concerned as a discourse published in the twentieth century in “Ranjan Sangrah” states that-
Mars if posited in 1st,2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house of a girl and bereft of any benefic association through PAC ( Position, Aspect, Conjunction) leads to the death of the husband.
लग्ने व्यये च पाताले जामित्रे चाष्टमे कुजे।
कन्या भर्तुविनाशाय भर्ता कन्या विनाशक: ।।
Lagne Vyaye Ch Patale Jamitrey Chastame Kuje।
Kanya Vartuvinashya Bharta Kanya Vinashak ।।
Why Has Manglik Dosha Been Given So Much Consideration?
Mars signifies passion, libido, and sperm count among the males. In females, it signifies the ability to conceive and continue the progeny. Thus it influences the sexual behavior of both genders and when ill-placed can have bad effects on married life /conjugal bliss. Studying the Placement of Mars for failed marriages offers only one piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
Is planet Mars the reason you have been facing a delay in marriage? Perform the Mangal Graha Shanti Puja today! Book Now.
What Does Mars Actually Rule In The Marriage?
Let’s examine the effect it exerts on the native when posited in different houses in a Janam Kundali-
MARS in the 1st House – In male horoscope- The person will be very aggressive, hot-tempered and ambitious. He would possess the charm to attract the opposite sex easily and never hesitate to pick up a quarrel. There will always be danger from fire, electricity, etc leading to fatal accidents. He would get bored easily and have anger management issues.
In female horoscope- The native might have trouble fixating on issues and could have neurological problems.
MARS in the 2nd House - In male horoscope- The person will have an aggressive attitude and use harsh language. They’ll be impulsive in nature and will not maintain cordial relations in the family. The impact of Mars will be such that the native might have to suffer from ill health & destitution.
In female horoscope- The native might be quarrelsome with a defect in speech. She would face difficulty in childbearing and would look older than her age.
MARS in the 4th House - In male horoscope- The person will have troubled relations with parents have an unhappy childhood. They might experience difficulty in sleeping and are prone to danger from theft, fire, and burglary. Such people change their professions frequently and may settle abroad.
In female horoscope- Such a placement of Mars may lead to a pessimistic attitude with a bulky body. Generally, the native is unreligious, wicked, and devoid of happiness.
MARS in the 7th House - In male horoscope - it negatively impacts the married life as the native might turn out to be jealous, cold, and suffer from vile enemies. He may get penalized by the government and not have cordial relations with his wife and her family.
In female horoscope- Causes irregular menstrual cycle and ailments of the stomach. The native will have an alluring charm about her and may get involved in extramarital affairs.
MARS in the 8th House - In male horoscope- Such placement of Mars makes the native short-tempered, and likely to be an alcoholic. The native may have genital diseases or piles. It gives ego problems with the spouse. If it is debilitated in enemy sign or has any malefic association, then it might cause death in water or suicidal tendencies. The native may be self-absorbed and emotionally turbulent.
In female horoscope- causes ill health, sufferings, accidents, extramarital affairs and injury in the lower back.
MARS in the 12th House - In male horoscope- makes the native quarrelsome, foolish, wicked and an atheist. He is likely to be interested in seeking sexual pleasures devoid of marital bliss. He might face many ups and downs in life.
In female horoscope- hampers the native’s longevity. She might be extravagant with low moral character and highly fond of foreign travels.
Learn the role that Mars plays in your Janam Kundali with All Dosha Report containing Shani Sade Sati, Manglik Dosha, Pitra Dosha, and Kaal Sarp Dosha at Just INR 399/-
Is it enough reason to fear planet Mars?!
The great Varah Mihir’s son Pratyusha has quoted in his Hora Shastra “that placement of Malefics in 1st, 7th, 8th, and 9th house is not auspicious at all.”
Vaidyanath too has opined that “if all the malefic planets are posited in the 7th house the woman has to bear the pain of widowhood.”
However, it is to be understood that no single planet can cause such havoc single-handedly. Hence we can not hold Mangal solely responsible for causing a stressful marriage. No planet has the power to bless/cause hardships in the life of a native totally devoid of the influence of any other planet. Several factors play a crucial role in deciding the good/bad results of a planet.
Here are some placements of Mars forcing us to rethink-
- Does the placement of Mars in 1st, 2nd,4th,7th,8th and 12th house from ascendant lead to some degree of Manglik Dosha?
- Will the Mars posited in 7th or 8th house in Aries, Capricorn or Scorpio give malafide results???
- Will Mars posited in 7th or 8th house with an aspect of benefics like strong Jupiter / Venus yield bad results???
- Will Mars posited in benefic navamsa or in auspicious signs in divisional charts be malicious??
HOW TO JUDGE THE QUANTUM OF MANGLIK DOSHA ??
- The position of Mars in the Kundali must be ascertained through the Bhav Chalit chart. The effect of a planet close to sandhi is negligible.
- We must check the position of Mars with respect to ascendant as well as the Moon. In case it is in the 1st, 2nd, 4th,7th, 8th, or 12th house from either one of these then its effect will be only 66%. (quite reduced)
- In such a situation the Position of Jupiter, Venus, and the 7th lord in the chart becomes paramount. If these three are strong and well placed then the Mangalik Dosha gets nullified.
As per renowned astrologer Shri B.V. Raman, under some circumstances, the Mangalik Dosha gets ineffective/nullified. These are:
- If Mars is posited in 1st house is in the Leo or Cancer sign.
- If Mars is posited in 2nd house in the Gemini or Virgo sign.
- If Mars is posited in the 4th house is in the Aries or Scorpio sign.
- If Mars is posited in the 4th house is in the Taurus or Libra sign.
- If Mars is posited in the 7th house is in the Cancer or Capricorn sign.
- If Mars is posited in the 8th house is in the Sagittarius or Pisces sign.
- If Mars is posited in the 12th house is in the Taurus or Libra sign.
- If Mars is posited in any house is in the Leo or Aquarius sign.
- If in the girl’s kundali benefic Jupiter is placed in Kendra or Trikona.
Case studies of eminent personalities
Now let’s examine the horoscope of some famous personalities -
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan
Mrs. Jaya Bachchan
- Mr. Amitabh Bachchan is a Manglik from ascendant as well as moon sign. His Mars is posited in 8th House ( ascendant) and in 12th House ( moon). They got married at the age of 31 years.
- Mrs. Jaya Bachchan is partial Manglik as Mars is posited in the 2nd House from (ascendant) only. They got married at the age of 25 years.
As a couple, they have had along with married life ( 1973 to date ) with some ups and downs.
Mr. Boney Kapoor
Mrs. Sridevi Kapoor
Mr. Boney Kapoor is a partial Manglik. His Mars is posited in 8th House from ( ascendant) and 10th House from ( Moon). Got married at the age of 43 years.
Mrs. Sridevi Kapoor is not at all a Manglik as Mars is posited in 3rd House from ( ascendant) and 5th House from ( Moon). They got married at the age of 33 years.
Mrs. Sridevi Kapoor is no more. They remained married for 22 years in all (1996 - 2018)
So can we say that marriage between a Manglik and non-Manglik is to be completely avoided? Certainly not.
Now let’s see one more set of kundalis of the current power couple of Bollywood before jumping to a conclusion-
Mr. Shah Rukh Khan
Mrs. Gauri Khan
Mr. Shah Rukh Khan is partially Manglik. Mars is posited in the 4th house (Scorpio) from ascendant and in 11th house from the moon. He got married at the age of 26 years.
Mrs. Gauri Khan is a non - Manglik from either the ascendant or moon. Mars is in the 9th house from ascendant as well as the moon. They got married at the age of 21 years.
As a couple, they have had a long and blissful married life. (1991 till date )
This just reiterates the premise that we should not judge the matrimonial match solely on the basis of placement of Mars in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house. Other factors too must be taken into consideration.
Hence it is prudent to scrutiny the kundalis of both bride and groom very carefully before declaring them as Manglik just on the basis of the position of Mars. Such an effort on the part of astrologers would definitely bring happiness to all the concerned parties.
In case you are troubled by the part that Mars plays in your Horoscope, you can Talk to an Astrologer on call and get your queries resolved at the earliest.