Falgun Amavasya 2022: Shiva-Siddha Yoga, an auspicious day to fulfill your wishes
By: Future Point | 22-Feb-2022Views : 708
Falgun Amavasya is an important Hindu festival. New moon or Amavasya falling in the Krishna Paksha of Phalguna month is called Phalguna Amavasya. Falgun amavasya is considered auspicious and brings fortunes and prosperity to the followers.
People keep fast on this new moon day for their overall growth and prosperity in life. The day is also observed to offer oblation (Tarpan or Shradh) to the ancestors to ask for their blessings.
It is believed that if falgun amavasya falls on weekdays like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, it gives severe results even more than Surya grahan. In the year 2022, falgun amavasya is on Wednesday, March 02.
People take dips in holy rivers and give donations to get rid of their sins this day. The day is of extreme importance in Sanatan Dharma. There is a tradition to worship Lord Shiva and Lord Shri Krishna on the day of amavasya as when moon disappears in the sky it is the moon present on the head of the Lord Shiva that illuminates the world. Lord Krishna symbolizes the Moon as per Vedic astrology.
This time Falgun Amavasya is falling in Shiva and Siddha Yoga, which is considered very auspicious for gaining success in life.
Importance of Falgun Amavasya
It is believed that on Falgun Amavasya, all gods and goddesses appear in the holy rivers, so on this day it is considered auspicious to take bath in the sacred rivers and perform charities after bathing in the rivers. Falgun Amavasya is considered particularly beneficial for attaining happiness, abundant wealth and good fortune in life. It is believed that by fasting, worshiping and performing tarpan on the new moon day of Falgun month, the ancestors attain salvation and bless us with their good vibes.
Falgun Amavasya if falls on Monday, then it creates Yoga for Maha Kumbh bath, which is highly beneficial and auspicious.
Know the auspicious time of worship
Falgun Amavasya Date and Auspicious Time:
- Amavasya tithi of Krishna Paksha of Falgun month is starting from 01:00 pm on Tuesday, March 01. At this time Mahashivratri will be ended and amavasya will begin. The Falgun Amavasya will commence from 1:00 pm, March 01 to 11.04 pm on March 02.
- Based on udaya tithi, Falgun Amavasya is on 02 March.
Falgun Amavasya in Shiva and Siddha Yoga
In the year 2022, Falgun Amavasya will fall with two auspicious yogas called Shiva and Siddha Yoga. On the day of Falgun Amavasya, Shiva Yoga is till 08.21 in the morning. After that Siddha Yoga will start, which will last till 05:43 am on March 03.
Pitru Puja on Falgun Amavasya
Falgun Amavasya is considered an appropriate day to pacify our ancestors. People perform pind daan, shradh and tarpan for inner peace and mukti or salvation of our ancestors. Pitra Puja will be done on this day from 11:30 am to 02:30 pm. It is believed that on the day of Amavasya, ancestors gets pacified and bless us if we offer tarpan to them through performing Shradh Karma or performing Pind Daan. In astrology, pitru dosha is one malefic dosha that brings misfortunes in life and by performing tarpan we may get rid of this malefic dosha. Our pleased ancestors bless us with prosperity and maintain happiness and peace in our family lives. We get blessings of a happy life through this ritual.
Phalguna Amavasya Vrat 2022 and Religious Rituals
- As per ancient beliefs, fast and traditional rituals performed on Phalguna Amavasya offer instant positive results. Oblation for ancestral peace done on this day carries great significance. The religious activities performed on this day are mentioned below:
- Take a holy dip in sacred river, lake or pond in the morning. You should also offer Arghya to lord Sun while reciting gayatri mantra. You should also chant surya mantra- om ghrini suryay namah.
- After that offer oblation to forefathers as well to ask for their blessings and salvation of their souls.
- While remembering your forefathers keep fast and perform charities in their names for peaceful abode of your ancestors.
- You should also light a mustard oil lamp under the peepal tree in the evening. Take seven rotations of the tree while remembering your forefathers.
- You may also worship Rudra (Lord Shiva), fire (Agni) and Brahmins, and offer them Naivedyam made up of black urad dal and other delicacies. It is important to include curd in naivedyam. Distribute and eat the same as prasadam on this day.
- Visit Shiva temple and perform Abhishek of Lord Shiva from panchamrit made up of cow milk, curd, honey,ghee and sugar. One should also offer black Sesame seeds to Shivalingam.
- Lord Shani or shani devta is also worshipped on the day of Amavasya. So, worship Him by offering mustard oil and til in Shani temple. Also, offer blue flowers, black sesame seeds, and whole black Urad, kajal and black clothes.
May almighty and your ancestors bless you with luck and prosperity in life!