Vastu Shastra Tips for an Effective Study Room
By: Future Point | 19-Jun-2018Views : 1840
The ancient science of architecture, Vastu Shastra, has been widely used for the construction of a house, office, schools, hospitals, temples, banks and other buildings. Even today it is widely believed that a place of construction with faulty Vastu will lead to miseries to the native living in that place. Thus, people prefer to live, work or deal in any official activity in a place with perfect Vastu.
What does Vastu Shastra deal in? The science deals on the design, direction, layouts, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement and spatial geometry. Therefore, construction of any building and its rooms/space etc is undertaken only after considering the rules laid down as per, Vastu Shastra.
With a Perfect Vastu, one is assured of positive vibration emanating from that place. One can see this with a simple example: one’s own home. It is the positive vibration of one’s home that the person at the end of the day, after all the struggle he endures or the pleasure he seeks externally is made to return, unconditionally. The native remains healthy and leads a happy life with his family in his home.
Now, Vastu Shastra has attached a special importance to Study room. Study room has a prime importance to enable our children to concentrate and study well. It is a stepping stone for prosperity during one’s childhood.
Some of the important tenets of good Vastu shastra designed room are:
- A student should face the North or East While Studying.
- The study room should be designed and placed in such a manner that it falls to the West, East, North East or North West side of a house.
- The doors of the room should not be towards the South-East & West, North-East & West side of the room.
- Sufficient space between the head and the beam-roof should be assigned. Again, Student facing the wall for studies should not be cluttered. This will lead to mental block.
- The room should be illuminated sufficiently. Also, the native should not be facing a Window while studying.
- The Window of a Study room should not be facing a well or a water body.
- Avoid toilets being built within the Study room. Though the Shastra permits construction of bathroom.
- In case of a book shelf, then the same should be positioned adjacent to the southern or western wall.
- Keep the room dirt free. Constant cleaning should be undertaken. Avoid cobwebs and dust accumulation in a study room.
- A study table should not be round in shape and design. Though Rectangle or Square is permissible.
- Care should be assigned while developing a study table. The length and breath should be proportionate and not extended to either of its side.
- If a study lamp is used, then the same should be kept at the South-East side of the table.
- Make sure, the study table is not attached to the wall. A gap of 4-5 inches is always advisable.
- An image or Moorthy of Goddess Saraswathi or Lord Ganesha or Lord Dakshinamurthy (Lord facing south direction) is advisable. Wisdom will prevail throughout the room.
- Again, if a pendulum-based clock is placed in the study room, then it must be placed on the North side wall of the room.
- The wall in the room should have a light-coloured share. Avoid bold or mixed colours in the room. Native will suffer from poor concentration.