Ahoi Ashtami 2019
By: Future Point | 07-Oct-2019Views : 2602
Ahoi Ashtami 2019: Motherhood is the most beautiful and privileged experience for any woman on this earth. The joy and happiness of giving birth and seeing a part of self-growing is indescribable and can only be felt by a mother. Motherhood changes and shifts the entire vision of the world. The child has a special bond with the mother and nothing can replace or substitute motherly love in this world.
For her child’s long and healthy life, the mother celebrates a special festival known as “Ahoi Ashtami”.
Ahoi Ashtami is an Indian festival dedicated to Goddess Ahoi, known as Ahoi Mata. It is specially celebrated in Northern India and falls on “Ashtami” or the 8th day of the month of Kartik in the dark fortnight (Krishna Paksha). This special festival comes four days after Karva Chauth and eight days before of Diwali festival. In the states like Gujrat and Maharashtra, this festival falls in the month of Ashwin.
This Indian festival is celebrated in the form of fast kept by mothers for the well being of their children. This festival also marks the beginning of the Diwali festival. The difference between Karva Chauth and Ahoi Ashtami festival is that Karva Chauth Vrat ends after seeing the moon, whereas Ahoi Ashtami Vrat ends after seeing the stars.
Consult the expert astrologers of Futurepoint for Pooja guidance this Ahoi Ashtami.
Ahoi Ashtami 2019 date
This year Ahoi Ashtami will be celebrated on 21st October 2019 ( Monday).
Significance of Ahoi Ashtami
Ahoi Ashtami is a festival of mothers who perform the Ahoi Mata Vrat on this day for the health of her children. Traditionally, it was done only for sons but now mothers observe this Vrat for the well being of all their children, despite the gender. Mothers worship Goddess Ahoi Mata with utmost dedication and pray for a long, healthy, and happy life of their children. They break the Vrat only after seeing and worshipping the stars. This day is considered highly auspicious for childless couples. Women who find it difficult to conceive or have suffered a miscarriage should religiously perform the Ahoi Mata Vrat Katha to have a healthy child.
Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha Essence
The story behind the celebration of this auspicious festival is the story of a woman who had 7 sons. One day she went to the forest to get some soil. While digging the soil she accidentally killed the lioness’s cub, after which the lioness in anger cursed the women and in a span of few years all her 7 sons died. She realized that it was due to the curse of killing a cub. To bring her sons back, she observed a 6 day-long fast and prayed to Ahoi Mata wholeheartedly. The Goddess was pleased with her prayers and gave all her 7 sons back.
Book Ahoi Ashtami Pujan
Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Vidhi
The Ahoi fast 2019 date is very similar to the Karva Chauth Vrat; the only difference is that Karva Chauth Vrat is done for the husbands and Ahoi Ashtami Vrat is done for the children.
- On this day, mothers wake up before the sunrise.
- After taking a bath, women pledge i.e. take a 'Sankalp' religiously and complete the fast meant for a long and happy life of their children.
- As per the 'Sankalp', mothers have to perform the fast without food and water and it can be broken only after seeing the stars or moon.
Ahoi Ashtami Puja Vidhi
Ahoi Ashtami puja preparations are supposed to be only done before sunset.
- Firstly, a picture of Ahoi Mata is drawn on the wall. The picture of Ahoi Mata should consist of eight corners or Ashtha Koshthak owing to its association with Ashtami tithi.
- A holy 'Kalash' filled with water should be placed at the left of Maa Ahoi's picture on a wooden platform.
- A Swastik on the 'Kalash' is drawn and a sacred thread (Moli) is tied around the Kalash.
- After that, Rice and Milk are offered to Ahoi Mata along with Vayna or cooked food which includes Poori, Halwa and Pua, whereas grains such as Jowar or raw food (Seeda) are also offered to Maa Ahoi in the Puja.
- The eldest female member of the family narrates Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha to all the women of the family. Each woman is required to hold 7 grains of wheat in her hand while listening to Katha.
- At last, Ahoi Ashtami aarti is performed at the end of the puja.
- At the end of the Puja, women offer Argha to the stars or the moon depending upon their family tradition from the holy Kalash.
- They break their Ahoi Mata Vrat only after seeing the stars or after moonrise.
Ahoi Ashtami Puja Muhurat
Ahoi Ashtami Puja Muhurat - 17:45 to 19:02
Duration - 1 Hour 16 Mins
Moonrise on Ahoi Ashtami - 24:06 Pm
Future Point wishes you a Happy Ahoi Ashtami Vrat!
May Ahoi Mata bless you and your mother with her choicest blessings!
Book Ahoi Ashtami Pujan