Shardiya Navratri 2019 Day 2: Maa Brahmacharini
By: Future Point | 07-Sep-2019Views : 368
Navratri is a 9-day long Hindu festival which is dedicated to the supreme Goddess Durga. It is an auspicious festival for all the devotees of Goddess Durga. Maa Durga is known as the universal protector that wards off evil spirits and negative energy from one’s life. Sharad Navratri holds great importance in Hindu culture as it marks the triumph of good over evil. These Nine days are considered as the most sacred and pious days. On the Navratri Second Day, Goddess Brahmacharini Maa is worshipped by the people.
Brahmacharini is the Sanskrit term that means: Brahma (the absolute reality), Chiarini (the female version of Charya) which means one who conducts or behaves. Goddess Brahmacharini beautifies herself in white attire, keeps a Japa Mala (rosary) in her right hand and Kamandala (stoup) in her left hand. She symbolizes loyalty, wisdom, and she is the essence of love.
Read in Hindi: नवरात्री के दूसरे दिन इस प्रकार कीजिये देवी ब्रह्मचारिणी की पूजा आराधना।
Date of the 2nd Day of Navratri 2019: 30th September 2019.
The story behind the 2nd Day of Navratri
Sati who immolated herself in the Yogic fire again took rebirth as the daughter of the King of Mountains. She incarnated herself as the Goddess Parvati. When Ma Parvati grew up Sage Narada visited her and told her that she can again marry Lord Shiva who was her husband in the previous birth by observing penance. As Ma Parvati was determined to marry Lord Shiva, she observed penance with full devotion for thousands of years. For years, she ate only flowers, fruits, and vegetables. She used to sleep on the ground of the forests in an open sky. She followed the path of the Tapa for numerous years and thus, she was named Tapascharini or Brahmacharini (one who walks on the path of the most difficult path of Tapa and devotion).
Ma Brahmacharini Puja Significance
- This festival takes an important place in the hearts of all the worshippers of Goddess Durga. The 9 days of Navratri are truly dedicated to Goddess Durga and her 9 Swaroops. The 2nd Swaroop of Ma Durga is the Goddess Brahmacharini who governs Planet Mars in Astrology.
- According to scriptures, it is believed that the one who worships her will get free from all the malefic effects of Planet Mars. Goddess Brahmacharini blesses the individual with great emotional strength. Her blessings help the natives to get rid of selfishness, ego, greed, and laziness.
- To attain the blessings of Ma Brahmacharini, one can Book Navratri Puja available at Future Point as it offers you the best Puja performed by Brahmin Priests. This Puja will eradicate the negative influence of Planet Mars and will bless you with success and happiness.
- Worshipping Goddess Brahmcharini gives the values of renunciation, honesty, and nobility to the devotees. By worshipping Maa Brahmacharini on the 2nd day of Navratri one can remove all the obstacles from his/her life. She is worshipped mainly to remove Mangal Dosh and the problems resulting from the unfavorable positions of planet Mars in the Horoscope.
Book Navchandi Puja Online
Maa Bhrahmacharini Puja Vidhi
One should perform the following steps in order to perform the Puja of Maa Brahmacharini:
- For Bathing the idol, the individual should immerse the idol of the goddess in milk, curd, sugar, honey, and offer paan and supari to the Goddess.
- Afterward, offer some flowers, Roli, Akshat, and Sandalwood to the Goddess.
- While chanting the following mantra, keep some flowers in your hand and pray to the deity.
।। दधाना कर पद्माभ्याम अक्षमाला कमण्डलू। देवी प्रसीदतु मई ब्रह्मचारिण्यनुत्तमा ।।
।। Ddhana kara Padmabhyama Aksamala Kamandlu Devi Prasidatu Mai Bhrahmacharinyanuttama ।।
- Goddess Bhrahmacharini loves lotus and hibiscus flowers. Therefore, it is advisable to offer a garland made up of these flowers to the Goddess. Then, one can perform the aarti and take her blessings.
Buy Durga Beesa Yantra Online
9 day Durga Saptashati Path with Hawan
Durga Saptashati is the Devi Mahatmya which is the Hindu religious text that contains the description of the victory achieved by the Goddess Durga over the demons. The Path is performed with Hawan to conquer the bad effects of an evil spirit, devil eye, etc. The Hawan with path will make your house pure and free from the adversity of life.
Benefits of performing Durga Saptashati path with Hawan
- By performing the Durga Saptashati path brings about the blessings of the 9 incarnations of Maa Durga.
- The recital of performing the powerful mantra along with the Hawan create the divine aura around the native and also protects them from all the negativity.
- Having its roots tied with Hindu Mythology, the Durga Saptashati path has been revered as the most auspicious among all the mantras.
- The Hawan included in this Puja is capable of uplifting all the sins of the native and creating a perfectly harmonious atmosphere in the life of the native and his/her family.
Navratri Puja Online by Future Point will bring you good health, wealth, and peace into your life.
While performing the Puja of Ma Brahmacharini, one can chant the following mantras to seek the blessings of the Goddess:
।। या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी रूपेण संस्थिता। नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम:।।
।। Ya Devi Sarvabhooteshu maa Brahmacharini roopen Sansthita. Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah ।।
Book Durga Saptashati path with Samput
This Auspicious Pooja aims at eradicating all the obstacles and troubles from natives’ life. Durga Saptashati's path brings about tremendous success and prosperity in an individual’s life. This puja contains a Samput mantra for problems as specified by the individual so that the mantra along with the fire could work in cahoots in order to get rid of all the problems.
Book Durga Saptashati Path with Samput
Benefits of performing Durga Saptashati path with Samput
- By performing this puja the native gets the blessings and get protected from all the bad effects.
- With a Samput or a specific mantra chanted in unison with the powerful Durga Saptashati path, the benefits received by this puja will be extraordinary.
- The Puja will be done for 9 days by the priests. The straight approach will aid in resolving the problems at the earliest.
- One should chant the following mantra in order to attain all the blessings of Maa Durga.
- Om Aim Hreem Kleem Chamundaye Viche
Goddess Brahmacharini’s Strota Path
Tapashcharini Twahi Tapatray Nivarneem
Brahmaroopdhara Brahmacharini Pranmaamyaham
Shankarpriya Twahi Bhuktimukti Dayini
Shanintda Gyaanda Brahmacharinipranmaamyaham
With this, we hope that the individual will make the best of Navratri’s second day.
May Goddess Brahmacharini blesses you with all the goodness in life.