Saturn (Shani) : Effects and Remedies for 12 Houses
By: Future Point | 10-Jul-2018Views : 72551
Saturn or “Shani” as per Vedic astrology represents discipline, law and order and maturity. The meaning of Shani means-slow moving which indicates that Saturn needs a longer time for completing a task. The slow transit of the planet offers two vital periods-The Sadhe Sati and the Dhaiya. All people go through Sadhe Sati and Dhaiya many times in their lives. Sadhe Sati lasts for Seven and Half years while Dhaiya lasts for two and half years.
Saturn is the most feared planet as it can bring hardships to the native and is considered a malefic planet in astrology. But if it is favourably placed it can create great wealth and fame to the native. Saturn's influence in a person’s natal charts is not always associated with the deprivation of material things and success, but it can cause a delay in success. It is important to note that Saturn is considered as a teacher who will punish the native for bad karma and reward the good deeds. It also bestows longevity and brings justice. A native with Shani or Saturn influence will have to work hard to earn the rewards.
If you wish to find out where Saturn is placed in your Kundli or Birth Chart, get your free Kundli report from our experienced astrologers and find out the effects it will have on your present and future life.
Effect of Saturn in 1st House
1st house is influenced by Sun and Mars. Saturn in 1st house will give good results only when 3rd, 7th or 10th houses are not inhabited by any planet which is inimical to Saturn. If Mercury or Venus, Rahu or Ketu is in 7th house, Saturn will always give good results . In case Saturn is malefic and the native has a hairy body, the native will remain poor. If native celebrates his birthday it will give very bad results However the native will have a long life.
Remedies for Saturn in 1st House
- Abstinence from alcohol and non-vegetarian meals.
- Burying Surma in the ground will be beneficial for promotion in service and business.
- Serving monkey will lead to prosperity.
- Offering sweet milk to the roots of a banyan tree will give good results as regards education and health.
Effect of Saturn in 2nd House
The native will be wise, kind and just. He will enjoy wealth and will be of religious temperament. However, whether Saturn is benefic or malefic in this house, it will be decided by the planets placed in 8th house. The state of finance of the native will be decided by 7th house, the number of male members in the family by 6th house and age by 8th house. When Saturn is malefic in this house, after the native's marriage his in laws will face problems.
Remedies for Saturn in 2nd House
- Wear a high quality blue sapphire gemstone, preferably in a gold setting on the middle finger on Saturday. This strengthens a weak Saturn.
- Offer prayers and chant the Mantra for Shani-"Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah” 108 times everyday. This appeases Saturn.
- Donate black sesame seeds, black blankets or mustard oil to the needy on Saturdays. Donations lessen the malefic effects of Saturn.
- Fasting on Saturdays and avoiding consumption of non-vegetarian food and alcohol helps in gaining Saturn's blessings.
- Lighting sesame or mustard oil in a lamp for Lord Saturn on Saturdays brings positive results during its dasha.
- Visiting Shani Shingnapur temple or other important Shani temples and performing puja and archana helps placate Saturn.
- Reciting Shani Chalisa, Shani Strotram and other mantras dedicated to Saturn also reduce difficulties caused by its placement.
Also Read: Vedic Mantras - A scientific and remedial approach
Effect of Saturn in 3rd House
In this house Saturn gives good results. This house is the pukka Ghar of Mars. When Ketu aspects this house or is placed here Saturn will give very good results. The native will be healthy, wise and very intuitive. If the native is wealthy he will have few male members in the family and vice versa. As long as the native abstains from wine and non-vegetarianism, he will enjoy a long and healthy life.
Remedies for Saturn in 3rd House
- Chant the Shani Mantra “Om Shanaishcharaye Namah” daily during the sunrise while facing the east direction.
- Light sesame oil lamps for Lord Shani on Saturdays and offer prayers to pacify Saturn. This reduces malefic effects.
- Donate articles made of iron or sesame seeds on Saturdays at Shani temples for favorable results of Saturn.
- Observe fasts on Saturdays and avoid non-vegetarian food on the day. This pleases Shani Dev.
- Offer black sesame, mustard or coconut oil at Shivalinga on Saturdays to gain benefits during Saturn’s dasha and antardasha.
- Take care of elderly people and seek their blessings regularly. Saturn blesses those who respect the aged.
- Avoid wearing black clothes on Saturdays. Wearing blue clothes on the day is considered auspicious for propitiating Saturn.
Effect of Saturn in 4th House
This house belongs to Moon. So it will give mixed results in this house. The native will be devoted to his parents and will be of loving nature. Whenever the native is suffering from bad health, the use of things associated with Saturn will give good results. In native's family some one will be associated with medical profession. When Saturn is malefic in this house drinking wine, killing of snakes and laying the foundation of the house at night will give very bad results. Drinking milk in the night will also give bad results.
Remedies for Saturn in 4th House
- Offering milk to snake and offering milk or rice to crow or buffalo.
- Pouring milk in the well.
- Pouring rum in running water.
Download Free Astrology Software Leostar-I fo Windows
Effect of Saturn in 5th House
This house belongs to Sun, which is inimical to Saturn. The native will be proud. He should not construct a house till 48 years, otherwise his son will suffer. He should live in the house bought or constructed by his son. He should keep articles of Jupiter and Mars in his ancestral house for welfare of his children. If the native has hairy body, he will be dishonest.
Remedies for Saturn in 5th House
- Distributing salty things while celebrating son's birthday.
- Offering almonds in the temple and bringing and keeping half of it in the house.
- Donate black blankets, black sesame seeds, and mustard oil, iron or blue clothes to needy people on Saturdays.
- Feed birds and crows with pieces of roti smeared in ghee or oil especially on Saturdays as it is Saturn's day.
- Observe fasting on Saturdays and avoid consuming non-vegetarian food and alcohol on the day to gratify Shani Dev.
- Help disabled people and the needy. Donate food or money to them for gaining Saturn's blessings.
Effect of Saturn in 6th House
If the work related to Saturn is done at night it will always give beneficial results. When marriage takes place after 28 years it will produce good results. When Ketu is well placed the native will enjoy wealth, profitable journey and happiness from children. When Saturn is malefic bringing things associated with Saturn, like leather and things of iron, will give bad results, especially when Saturn is in 6th house in varshaphal
Remedies for Saturn in 6th House
- Serving a black dog and offering meals to it.
- Offering coconut and almonds in the running water.
- Serving snakes will prove advantageous for the welfare of children.
Also Read: Raj Yoga in a Horoscope
Effect of Saturn in 7th House
This house is influenced by Mercury and Venus, both friends of Saturn. so this planet gives very good results in this house. The professions associated with Saturn, like machinery and iron, will be very profitable.
If the native maintains good relation with his wife, he will be rich and prosperous; will enjoy a long life and good health. If Jupiter is in 1st house, there will be gain from government.
Saturn becomes malefic if the native commits adultery and drinks wine. If the native gets married after 22 years his eyesight will be affected adversely.
Remedies for Saturn in 7th House
- Bury a flute filled with sugar in a deserted place.
- Serving black cow.
Effect of Saturn in 8th House
In 8th house no planet is considered auspicious. The native has a long life, but his father's life span is short and native's brothers turn out to be his foes. This house is considered headquarter of Saturn, but it will give bad result if Mercury, Rahu and Ketu are malefic in the native's horoscope.
Remedies for Saturn in 8th House
- Keeping a square piece of silver.
- Putting milk in water and sitting on a stone or wood while taking bath.
Also Read: Choosing the Best Day to Start Your Astrology Studies
Effect of Saturn in 9th House
Native will have three houses. He will be a successful tour operator or civil engineer. He will enjoy a long and happy life and parents also will have a happy life. Maintaining three generations will protect from the bad effects of Saturn. if the native is helpful to others Saturn will always give good results. The native will have a son, though he will be born late.
Remedies for Saturn in 9th House
- Offering rice or almonds in running water.
- Work associated with Jupiter-gold, kiesar and Moon (silver cloth) will give good results.
Effect of Saturn in 10th House
This is Saturn's own house, where it will give good results. The native will enjoy wealth and property as long as he does not get a house constructed. Native will be ambitious and enjoy favours from government. The native should behave with shrewdness and should do his work while sitting at one place. only then he will enjoy the benefits of Saturn.
Remedies for Saturn in 10th House
- Going to temple.
- Abstinence from meat, wine and eggs.
- Offering food to ten blind people.
Effect of Saturn in 11th House
Native's fate will be decided at the age of forty eight years. The native will never remain childless. Native will earn money by shrewdness and deceit. Saturn will give good or bad results according to the position of Rahu and Ketu
Remedies for Saturn in 11th House
- Before going for an important work place a vessel filled with water and drop oil or wine on earth for forty three days.
- Abstinence from drinking and maintaing good moral character.
Effect of Saturn in 12th House
Saturn gives good results in this house. Native will not have enemies. He will have many houses. His family and business will increase. He will be very rich. However Saturn will become malefic if the native starts drinking wine and becomes non- vegetarian, or if the dark room in the house is illuminated.
Remedies for Saturn in 12th House
- Tying twelve almonds in a black cloth and placing it in a iron pot and keeping it in a dark room will give good results.
Discover Your Life Predictions With Brihat Horoscope Report
How to Know if Saturn is Benefic or Malefic
Saturn's position and aspects in one's astrological birth chart determines whether it will act as a benefic or malefic planet for the individual. Here are some key factors to analyze Saturn's nature:
- Saturn is considered strongly benefic if it is placed in its own signs of Capricorn and Aquarius. Its positive influence is heightened in the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses.
- Saturn placed in the 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th houses are deemed malefic as it can bring obstacles in those areas of life.
- If Saturn is retrograde in a birth chart, its malefic effects are enhanced. On the other hand, an exalted Saturn grants more positive results.
- Saturn's conjunction, aspect or association with benefic planets like Venus, Jupiter or Mercury reduces its maleficence and confers good results during its periods.
- Saturn in debilitation or giving an evil aspect to the Ascendant, Sun or Moon becomes highly malefic. This can cause severe setbacks during its dasha.
- If Saturn is placed alone in a trikona house or forms sasa yoga in a kendra house, it is a powerful malefic indicator requiring remedial measures.
- Analyze the Nakshatra dispositor of Saturn. If it is a naturally benefic planet, Saturn will display more positivity.
Overall, Saturn's house placement, aspects, associations and the nature of the dispositor determine if it will bestow favorable or negative results in a horoscope.
If you are facing any type of problems in your life you can Consult with Best Astrologers
Q1. When does Saturn give good results?
A1. Saturn gives favorable results when placed in own signs Capricorn or Aquarius, or in exaltation. Saturn also gives good results if placed in 3rd, 6th and 11th houses in a birth chart. Its association with benefic planets and aspect on ascendant blesses the native with gains.
Q2. Which house is good for Saturn?
A2. Saturn is considered most benefic and favorable when placed in the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses in a horoscope. Saturn's placement in these trika or upachaya houses blesses the native with success through hard work, delays marriage and removes sorrow.
Q3. How to make Saturn strong?
A3. Saturn is strengthened by wearing a high quality Blue Sapphire gemstone on the middle finger on a Saturday. Chanting Shani mantras, donating black sesame oil and performing puja on Saturdays also pleases Saturn. Fasting on Saturdays and worshipping Lord Hanuman boosts Saturn's positive energies.
Q4. Are Saturn's effects permanent?
A4. No, Saturn's effects whether benefic or malefic are not permanent. During Saturn's Dasha and transit periods one faces results as per Saturn's placement. With sincere remedial measures like wearing Blue Sapphire and Shani puja, difficult phases can be negotiated.
Q5. Do good things happen during Saturn return?
A5. The Saturn return marks a pivotal transition in one's life usually bringing maturity, stability and growth. While challenges are present, if Saturn is well-placed the Saturn return period leads to achievements, marriage, jobs and other positive developments through diligent efforts.