Balaji Jayanti 2019
By: Future Point | 12-Nov-2019Views : 1394
Balaji Jayanti which is a Hindu festival celebrated with full zeal and zest all over the country to commemorate the birth of Lord Balaji. It is observed on the ‘Ashtami’ tithi (8th day) of the ‘Krishna Paksha’ (the waning phase of moon) during the month of ‘Margashirsha’ according to the Hindu lunar calendar. This day is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Balaji. Devotees celebrate this day as the birth anniversary of Lord Balaji. On this auspicious day, devotees offer special rituals and prayers at Tirupati Balaji Temple.
It is believed that Balaji Jayanti is the most awaited festival in Balaji temples in Southern India. Hindus worship Sri Balaji devotedly on this day to seek his divine blessings for a prosperous and happy life.
Balaji Jayanti 2019 Date
This year Balaji Jayanti will be celebrated on 25th November 2019, Monday. As per the beliefs, people visit the Sri Venkateshwara Temple in Andhra Pradesh on this day to celebrate the birth anniversary of Lord Balaji.
What is the significance of Sri Balaji Jayanti?
Balaji Jayanti is considered an auspicious occasion for the Hindus. According to the Hindu mythological stories, Lord Vishnu incarnated as Balaji for the upliftment of humanity and to free the earth from all the evils. On this auspicious Balaji is also worshipped as Lord Venkatesh. The Tirupati Temple is considered to be the ‘Vaikunth’ (Lord Vishnu’s celestial abode) of Kalyug. By worshipping Lord Venkatesh with full devotion to Balaji Jayanti can remove all sins, fears, dark sorrows and can also fill one’s life with never-ending happiness and success. Lord Balaji helps his devotees to attain peace and also work for the welfare of others. A person who performs Lord Balaji puja with dedication also attains ‘moksha’ or salvation in the end.
Celebration of Balaji Jayanti
Balaji Jayanti is regarded as one of the major festivals of India and therefore, this day is celebrated with great ardor. Devotees visit Lord Balaji Temple to please him and ask him to bless them with his choicest blessings. Huge preparations for the day are witnessed in southern parts of India temples and celebrations are made on the main day i.e. on Balaji Jayanti.
What are the rituals during Balaji Jayanti?
- On this day devotees wake up early in the morning then take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond.
- The preparations for Balaji Jayanti begin several days in advance. Devotees clean temples and decorate it with beautiful flowers. They then perform the ‘Angapradakshina’ of the temple and surrender themselves to Lord Balaji.
- On this special occasion, Lord Balaji is adorned with new clothes and beautiful jewelry.
- Hindu devotees worship him with full devotion, love, and faith on this day. In the Tirupati Balaji Temple, Maha Aarti is performed in the evening, which is observed by thousands of devotees from every corner of the country. Prasad is distributed at the end of all the ceremonies.
- Some devotees even worship Lord Balaji in their homes also. They present kumkum, garlands and other sacred offerings to the image or idol of Shri Balaji.
- On this day chanting Vedic mantras like ‘Om Namo Narayana’ that are dedicated to Lord Balaji is considered to be highly auspicious.
- These acts of devotion purify the soul of the worshippers that takes them to the Supreme Being.
- In some communities, there is also a tradition of offering hair to Lord Balaji. This act is done to free the soul from all ego and negativity.
Future Point wishes you a Happy Balaji Jayanti.
May Lord Balaji bestow his choicest blessings on you and your entire family!