Simple Facts that make Gayatri Mantra Special
By: Future Point | 21-Sep-2018Views : 4065
Gayatri mantra is one of the most important mantras in Hindu tradition. It is a universal prayer that is enriched in Vedas. It is also known as Savitri Mantra, which might be addressed to the immanent and transcendent divine which has been given the name “Savita”, which means that from which all this is born. It was discovered by Swami Viswamitra.
The mantra is a significant part of the Upanayana Ceremony which is performed by young males. Modern Hindus usually refine some of the movements and spread the practice of the mantra to include women and all castes too. It is especially regarded for Meditation and Prayer.
What is the essence of Gayathri Mantra?
The Gayatri Mantra is as following and it must be chanted with proper Gayatri mantra chanting rules:
ॐ भूर् भुवः सुवः ।
भर्गो॑ देवस्यधीमहि ।
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥
(Oṃ Bhur Bhuvah Suvah
Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat)
Meaning of the Gayatri Mantra
True Essence of Gayathri Mantra- The simple meaning of the mantra is the meditation of the Supreme Lord, the creator whose effulgence illumines all problems (physical, mental, and spiritual). This divine light illumines our intellect forever.
Each word in the Gayatri Mantra has a certain meaning, which is as follows:
Om: The primeval sound;
Bhur: the physical body/physical realm;
Bhuvah: the life force/the mental realm,
Suvah: the soul/spiritual realm;
Tat: That (God);
Savitur: the Sun, Creator (source of all life);
Bhargo: effulgence (divine light);
Devasya: supreme Lord;
Dhiyo: the intellect;
Yo: May this light;
Miraculous Benefits of Gayatri Mantra
Gayatri Mantra is of several types. However, the mantra discussed in this article is a universal mantra that addresses Goddess Savitri and Lord Sun. Gayatri Mantra is also known as the Maha Mantra because it is a universal mantra and has much importance. There are many Gayatri Mantra benefits of chanting. Gayatri Mantra benefits are not only limited to meditation.
Some of the powerful benefits of the Gayatri Mantra are:
- It calms the Mind: The mantra begins with the chant of Om. The Gayatri Mantra Path of this sound sends a vibration through one’s lips, tongue, palate, back of your throat and skull. This is said to be extremely c+alming for the mind and maximizes the release of relaxing hormones.
- Improves Immunity: The recitation of this mantra releases pressure on tongue, lips, vocal chord, and also to the connecting regions in the brain which is generated by the continuous recitation of the Gayatri Mantra creates a resonance in and around one’s head. These vibrations stimulate the gland which is regularising the release and functioning of a number of bodily functions including immunity.
- Increases Concentration: The recitation of the Gayatri Mantra activates the three chakras that are present on one’s face and head- namely the third eye, throat, and crown chakras.
- Improves Breathing: While chanting this mantra, one is required to take deep, controlled breaths to help improving one’s lung function and therefore breathing. Except breathing deeply, it also helps one to oxygenate the whole body which therefore keeps you healthy.
- Improves Working of the Nerves: The vibration exerted helps to strengthen and stimulate the functioning of one’s nerves. It also stimulates the appropriate release of neurotransmitters that help in the conduction of impulses.
There are also various Gayatri Mantra benefits for marriage.
Buy Gayatri Yantra Online
Facts About Gayatri Mantra
These are the most believed facts about the Gayatri Mantra:
- Gayatri Mantra first appeared in the Rig Veda.
- Many versions of the Gayatri Mantra were incorporated in various other Vedas like Sama, Yajur, and Athar Veda.
- Many of the lyrics of the Gayatri Mantra were adopted in the other versions too.
- The initiation of the Gayatri Mantra “Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha” is not actually a part of the Gayatri Mantra. It is a special mantra that has been added to the beginning of the famous Gayatri Mantra.
- There were only three lines in the Gayatri Mantra in the starting, Tat-savitur varenyam. - Bhargo Devasya Dhīmahi, and Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayāt. All of the other lyrics were included later.
- “Tat” is the most important word in Gayatri Mantra. It means “that” and its reference is to “that one God”.
- There are two verbs in this Mantra, Dhīmahi, and Prachodayāt. Dhīmahi means, “let us meditate” Prachodayāt literally means, “it should push”.
- In Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna while describing himself as Supreme one says he has many forms. In the form of Gayatri Mantra, the primal sound is Om and several others are a part of Lord Krishna himself.
- This is the universal mantra and one can chant this at one’s place, residence, office, temple, and even in all areas.
- Gayatri Mantra may be addressing any form of God or Goddesses.
Thus, the importance of the Gayatri Mantra lies in the miraculously wonderful nature of its chant. As is believed, regular recital of the Gayatri Mantra brings immense joy and helps one attain Moksha. Any person who recites this is assured to enjoy the liberation of all sorts. One can always turn up to the best astrologers in south Delhi for knowing the benefits of the Gayatri Mantra and more facts about the same.
Consult our expert astrologers to know the various gems, puja rituals and yantras as astrological remedies for a happy life