Kaal Bhairava Ashtami 2019: Date & Significance
By: Future Point | 18-Nov-2019Views : 1781
Kaalbhairav Jayanti is a Hindu festival that also goes by the name ‘Mahakaal Bhairavashtami’ or ‘Kala Bhairav Ashtami’. This auspicious festival is dedicated to Lord Kaal Bhairav, the fearsome form of Lord Shiva. The Ashtami falls on the eighth day(8th) after the full moon in the month of Kartik. This day is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Kaal Bhairav. It is believed that if this festival falls on Tuesday or Sunday, then it is considered more auspicious for all the devotees.
According to the Gregorian calendar, the date of Kaal Bhairav Jayanti corresponds to the months of mid- November to mid- December. It is said that on this day, worshipping Lord Kaal Bhairav can remove all your sins and negative effects of planetary doshas especially of planet Rahu and Ketu.
If you are facing troubles in life, or are undergoing Shani’s Sade Sati or Dhaiya phase, we highly recommend that you perform Shani Shanti Puja during the Kaal Bhairav Ashtami period.
Date of Kaal Bhairav Jayanti
This year Kaal Bhairav Jayanti will fall on 19th November 2019, Tuesday.
What is the Significance of Kaal Bhairav Jayanti?
The worshippers of Lord Shiva hold great respect and importance of this day in their hearts. He is also known as the fearful manifestation of Lord Shiva and that’s why this day is honored by celebrating the birthday of Lord Kaal Bhairav. By worshipping Lord Kaal Bhairav on this day, the devotee can attain good health, success, and happiness. It is also said that Lord Bhairava has the powers to eradicate all the doshas of planet ‘Rahu’ and ‘Ketu’. According to the Hindus, the observer of this Vrat can experience a lot of changes in his/her life and can attain victory in all aspects that can help lead a successful life.
The story behind the Kaal Bhairava Jayanti
According to the legends, one day Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were fighting on the superiority. But eventually, the fight had gone at such an exponential next-level that the great scholars and sages were called to offer a solution. After sometime when they came up with a solution, Lord Brahma rejected that solution. After seeing this behavior of Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva got angry as that was an insult to him.
Suddenly, Lord Bhairava appeared from his forehead by leaving him with four heads, also known as ‘Dandahipati’ from which everyone got scared after seeing Lord Shiva in the form of Kaal Bhairav. Lord Brahma got really scared and apologized at that very moment to Kaal Bhairava. After this went down, Lord Shiva was convinced by all the gods and sages to get back to his normal character.
Celebrations and Rituals on Kaal Bhairava Ashtami
- On this day, devotees wake up early in the morning and take a fresh bath.
- To perform this special puja, devotees keep a strict fast for the whole day for their dead ancestors in order to remove all obstacles of life.
- After this, people worship Lord Kaal Bhairav, Shiv Ji and Parvati Ji with fruits, flowers, and sweets.
- Some special rituals are also done in Bhairav’s temple in India and Shiva devotees also visit the temples in the evening in order to participate in the ‘Shodashopachar Puja’.
- Worshippers stay up all night and narrate stories of Lord Kaal Bhairav and Shiva with full concentration.
- After the completion of puja, people also chant mantras dedicated to Kaal Bhairav and perform ‘aarti’ at midnight with some traditional music.
- Some worshippers also feed milk and sweets to dogs as it is believed that Lord Kaal Bhairav rides on a dog.
Benefits of performing Kaal Bhairava Puja
- By performing Kaal Bhairav Puja, the native can easily win over his/her enemies as it creates a protective shield around the worshipper so that one can live a fearless life.
- Lord Kaal Bhairav bestows an individual with all the powers and supremacy so that he/she can achieve success in all endeavors.
- This Puja can bless you with a child, if childless.
- The Puja has also been revered as highly rewarding, as it fulfills all the desires if performed with complete devotion.
- It can also ward off the bad effects of an evil eye, black magic, and misfortunes of life.
- By offering pujas to Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva who also go by the names Meenakshi and Sundareshwarar, showers their divine blessings on each and every devotee.
- Performing Kaal Bhairav Puja can give you longevity, courage, victory in all spheres of life.
Future Point wishes you a Happy Kaal Bhairav Jayanti. May Lord Kaal Bhairav bestows his divine blessings on each and every worshipper!