By: Future Point | 21-Sep-2019Views : 323
In the Hindu religion, most of the festivals give you a message of victory of good over evil in one or another way, but the most significant and important festival that marks the victory is Dussehra. It is also known as Vijayadashami which is celebrated at the end of Navratri every year. According to the Hindu calendar, Dussehra Puja or Vijayadashami is celebrated across the country on the 10th day of the bright fortnight in the month of Ashwin.
Vijayadashami Puja observed for different reasons and celebrated differently in various parts of the country. An individual all over the country participates in the occasion with great enthusiasm and joy. This day marks the end of Durga Puja, where people remember goddess Durga’s victory over the buffalo demon Mahishasur, to help restore Dharma.
Dussehra 2019 date in India
In India, this year Dussehra will be celebrated on the 8th of October 2019 (Tuesday). Dussehra Puja is celebrated on the Ashwin Shukla Dashami during Aparahan Kaal. This Kaal is the duration of the time which begins from the 10th Muhurat after sunrise and ends before the 12th Muhurat.
If an individual wants to attain the blessings of Goddess Laxmi, then he/she can Book Dhan Kuber Puja from Future Point to get prosperity and good wealth in his/her life.
Significance of Dussehra Puja
Vijayadashami Puja is one of the major Hindu festivals. It is celebrated because Shri Ram killed the demon king Ravana after a 9 day battle with him and saved his wife, Goddess Sita, from Ravana’s captivity. On this day, Goddess Durga killed the demon Mahishasur so, this day is celebrated as Vijayadashami. On this, day natives pray and seek blessings from Goddess Durga. It is believed that Lord Ram had also prayed to the Goddess Durga for strength and before granting him his wish, the Goddess wanted to test his reverence towards her. For that, she replaced one lotus out of the 108 lotuses he was praying with. When Shri Ram reached the end of his prayers and realized that one lotus was missing he started to cut off his own eye(since his eyes represent lotus and another name for him is Kamalnayan)to offer the Goddess in order to complete his prayer. The Goddess was gratified with his devotion and granted him victory over Ravana.
Vijaydashami Muhurat : 14:05:40 to 14:52:29
Duration : 0 Hour 46 Minute
Aparahan Muhurat : 13:18:52 to 15:39:18
Dussehra Puja and Celebration
1. First of all, find a pious and auspicious place to worship in the Northeast direction of your home.
2. It can be the vicinity of a temple, garden, etc and it will be great if the entire family can be involved in the Puja. However, individuals may also perform it alone.
3. After this, clean the area and make Ashtadal Chakra (the ring of 8 lotus petals) with Sandalwood paste.
4. Now, take Sankalp that you are performing this Puja of Goddess Aparajita for the welfare of your family and yourself.
5. After that, invoke Goddess Aparajita in the center of the Chakra by chanting this auspicious Mantra: अपराजिताय नमः
6. Aparajita Puja is the main part of Vijaydashmi for the worshippers.
7. Now, on her right invoke Goddess Jaya while this Mantra: क्रियाशक्त्यै नमः
8. On her left, invoke Goddess Vijaya with the help of this Mantra: उमायै नमः
9. After that, perform Shodashopchar Puja while chanting this Mantra: अपराजिताय नमः, जयायै नमः, विजयायै नमः
10. Now, pray to Goddess and seek her blessings.
11. At last, perform Visarjan with the Mantra: हारेण तु विचित्रेण भास्वत्कनकमेखला। अपराजिता भद्ररता करोतु विजयं मम।
Story of Dussehra
As per the beliefs, the festival got its name Dussehra because, on this day Lord Rama had killed the ten-headed (Das Sar) demon, Ravana. Since then, the 10 heads of Ravana effigies are burnt considering each of them as the manifestation of lust, anger, greed, delusion, intoxication, envy, selfishness, injustice, inhumanity, and ego. Duryodhan had defeated Pandavas in the game of gambling. As promised beforehand, Pandavas had to go for 12 years of separation along with an extra year of hidden life. In that last one year, they had to stay hidden from everyone and if found by anyone, they would repeat their 12 years of exile.
When the son of the King asked Arjuna to help him in protecting the cows, arjuna brought back his bow from the Shami tree and defeated the enemy. Another legend states that when Lord Rama began his journey toward Lanka for the war, the Shami tree had announced the victory of the Lord. Whereas in places like Odisha and West Bengal, the idol of the goddess is immersed in a river or a lake on the day of Dashahara 2019.
We, highly recommend you to Book Laxmi puja to celebrate the Dussehra 2019 with full devotion, joy, and love.
The Vijayadashami or Dussehra Puja is of a tremendous cultural significance for all who live in this land – irrespective of their caste, creed or religion and it should be celebrated with gaiety and love.
We hope that every individual receives the immense blessings of Lord Rama on the special occasion of Dussehra 2019.