Shardiya Navratri Day 2: Maa Brahmacharini
By: Indian Astrology | 09-Sep-2019Views : 751
Navratri is a nine-day long celebration that takes place every year. It is celebrated by the devotees of Maa Durga with great zeal and enthusiasm. Many rituals are followed by the people during these 9 days. People across the country observe ritualistic fasts, worship the Goddess, and offer fruits and milk. These are considered as the most auspicious days where the 9 forms of Goddesses are worshipped, Ma Shailputri, Ma Brahmacharini, Ma Chandraghanta, Ma Kushmanda, Skandmata, Ma Katyayani, Kaal Ratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhidatri. If you are facing problems in different aspects of your life then you can also Book Navratri Puja that will help you in making your life happy and peaceful.
On the Navratri Second Day, Ma Brahmacharini is worshipped by the people. According to scriptures, the Goddess signifies loyalty, wisdom, knowledge, and love. Therefore, the one who worships her get blessed with all of these traits. ‘Brahm’ means Tapa (penance)- One who performs penance.
2nd day of Navratri 2019: 30th September 2019.
The story behind Navratri Second Day:
According to Hindu Scriptures, Sati immolated herself in the Yogic fire because she was not able to bear the insult that her father did to Lord Shiva (her husband). She again took rebirth and incarnated herself as Ma Parvati, the daughter of the ‘King of Mountains’. Ma Parvati wanted to marry Lord Shiva at any cost as a result, she walked on the path of penance for thousands of years. She used to eat only flowers and fruits and later even stopped eating that and lived only on air. She used to sleep on the ground for several years. She walked on the path of the Tapa for several years and thus, was named Tapascharini or Brahmacharini (one who observes penance with full devotion for years).
Ma Bhrahmacharini puja significance:
- Navratri is the most significant festival for all the devotees of Goddess Durga. The 2nd Day of Navratri is truly devoted to Goddess Brahmacharini. On this day, the Goddess is worshipped with full devotion and elaborated Puja rituals by the devotees. It is believed that Ma Brahmacharini rules over Planet Mars in Astrology.
- The one who worships Goddess Brahmacharini is blessed with great knowledge and wisdom. Worshipping her makes the person emotionally stronger and it even eradicates the malefic effects of Planet Mars in one’s Kundli.
- It inspires an individual to hold on to ethics and walk on the path of principles. Worshipping Ma Brahmacharini helps the natives to move forward in life after overcoming different obstacles of life. Her blessings make the native free from ego, selfishness, laziness, etc.
- One can also take Navratri Pooja online to make his/her life a blessing. If you think that misfortune strikes you quite often and you are not able to achieve what you really want in life. Then this Puja is really beneficial for you as it will make your life smooth and trouble-free.
Maa Bhrahmacharini Puja Vidhi:
- For performing the Puja, one need to first wash the idol of Goddess Brahmacharini. For bathing the idol, one will require milk, curd, sugar, honey, paan, and Supari. After the offerings, one should pray to his/her Navgrahas and Ishta Devata.
- Then offer Roli, Akshat, Sandalwood, and some flowers to the Goddess. After offering all these items keep some flowers in the hand pray to the Goddess while chanting these mantras.
“दधाना कर पद्माभ्याम अक्षमाला कमण्डलू। देवी प्रसीदतु मई ब्रह्मचारिण्यनुत्तमा।।”
“Dadhana kara Padmabhyama Akshamala Kamandalu Devi Prasidatu Mayi Bhrahmacharinyanuttama”
- Then, offer a garland to the Goddess Bhrahmacharini. One should make sure that this garland should be of lotus and hibiscus flowers. Then, perform the aarti, offer sugar as a Bhog to the Goddess, and attain the blessings of the Ma Brahmacharini.
The following Mantra must be recited on the 2nd day of the Navratri to evoke the blessings of Maa Bharmacharini:
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी रूपेण संस्थिता। नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम:।।
“Ya Devi Sarvabhooteshu maa Brahmacharini Roopen Sansthita. Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah”.
Ma Brahmacharini’s Strota Path:
त्रिपुरा में हृदयं पातु ललाटे पातु शंकरभामिनी।
अर्पण सदापातु नेत्रो, अर्धरी च कपोलो॥
पंचदशी कण्ठे पातुमध्यदेशे पातुमहेश्वरी॥
षोडशी सदापातु नाभो गृहो च पादयो।
अंग प्रत्यंग सतत पातु ब्रह्मचारिणी।
Tripura mein hrdayan paatu lalaate paatu shankarabhaaminee.
Arpan sadaapaatu netro, ardharee ch kapolo.
Panchadashee kanthe paatumadhyadeshe paatumaheshvaree.
Shodashee sadaapaatu naabho grho ch paadayo.
Ang pratyang satat paatu brahmachaarinee.
This nine-day long celebration has great importance in the hearts of the people across the country. Remember, that not always things can go as smooth as you want them to happen and there are times when you look for solutions. But, these 9 days are the most auspicious days of the year, according to Hindu Calendar and a Puja performed in these 9 days will surely bring favorable results. Therefore, Book Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology and make things better for yourself.
Indian Astrology wishes you and your family a Happy Navratri!