Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh
25th September 2022
While the entire Shradh Paksha or Pitru Paksha holds an extremely important place in the Hindu culture, the last day of Shradh holds special significance due to its unique relevance. The Shradh Puja that is performed on the last day, i.e on the Sarva Pitru Amavasya or the Mahalaya Amavasya is considered highly important. The Sarva Pitru Amavasya falls on the last day/tithi of the Pitru Paksha/Shradh Paksha. Note that Shradh Puja is done on the same tithi as the day when the ancestor passed away. However, on the auspicious day of Sarva Pitru Amavasya, a devotee can perform the Shradh Puja for their ancestor if they aren’t sure about the day or tithi when they passed away.
What makes the Sarva Pitru Amavasya so special?
- Sarva Pitru Amavasya occurs on the last day of the Pitru Paksha or Shradh Paksha.
- On this specific tithi, people can perform the Shradh of all their ancestors irrespective of when they died and how they died.
- Therefore if for some reason, a person is not able to perform the Shradh of his ancestors on the dedicated tithis/dates during the Pitru Paksha, he can choose to do it on Sarva Pitru Amavasya.
- Also, if the date of the death of a person is unknown, then the Shradh rituals of such a person can be performed on Sarva Pitru Amavasya.
- Many people who know the tithis of the demise of their ancestors but for some unavoidable reasons are not able to perform the Shradh rituals of their ancestors on their respective tithis of demise, choose to perform cumulative Shradh rituals for all of them on Sarva Pitru Amavasya.
- Since the Pitru Paksha period starts on the Pratipada day, the next day of Purnima in the month of Bhadrapada, therefore the Shradh rituals of those who died on Purnima tithi are done on the Sarva Pitru Amavasya day only.
NOTE: The Shradh Puja for those who passed away on Purnima Tithi is to be performed on the Sarva Pitru Amavasya.
The date of Sarva Pitru Amavasya this year is 25th September 2022.
The Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh Puja procedure will include:
- Nandi Shradh Vidhi
- Tarpan Vidhi
- Pitra Gayatri Mantra Jaap
- Pind Daan Tarpan
- Bhog & Prasad
- 5 Important meal donations will be made in the name of your ancestors:
- गाय का भोजन (Food for Cows)
- ब्राह्मण का भोजन (Food for Brahmans)
- चीटियों का भोजन (Food for Ants)
- कौए का भोजन (Food for Crows)
- कुत्ते का भोजन (Food for Dogs)
- Sankalp in the name of the Ancestor
Pujan Samagri (Ingredients & Material) Used in the Puja
- Black Sesame Seeds (काला तिल)
- Barley (जौ)
- Rice (चावल)
- Poori Sabzi
Benefits of Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh Puja
- This Puja can be performed when you don’t know the exact time/date of the death of your deceased family members.
- The Puja can be performed for all your deceased ancestors on a single tithi, in case you aren’t sure about the dates.
- Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh Puja gives peace and contentment to the deceased in the afterlife and ensures that they’re well in the dimensions that they dwell in.
Shradh Puja 2022 Includes:
- Brahmin Bhojan and Dakshina
Details Required for Shradh Puja:
Please provide us with the below-mentioned details in the query box to perform the Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh Puja-
- Your Name, Father’s Name, and Gotra
- The complete name of the person/s for whom you want to offer Puja
- Your relationship with him/her
- Tithi/Date of Death
Upon ordering the Puja, you will receive a confirmation call from us stating the time and muhurta of Shradh Puja during which your puja will be performed by learned brahmin priests.
A link for the LIVE feed will be shared with you when the puja is being performed in your name.
Sarva Pitru Shradh Puja special inclusions:
- The Puja will include a Sankalp by highly learned Brahmin priests.
- The Puja would bestow the devotee with blessings from their ancestors.
- A LIVE link for the Puja will be shared with you when your puja will be performed. This would give you a chance to know the authenticity of the Puja being performed in your name from the comfort of your home.
We assure you that all Puja rituals will be performed by learned Brahmin Priests in strict accordance with all the Vedic rituals.
For any queries related to Puja feel free to call or whatsapp 8810625600 Call Now