This gemstone usually shows numerous colors when moved under white light. The white opal stone has the ability to change negative energy into positive one with its mystical properties. This gemstone can be worn as jewellery but mostly as rings or bracelets irrespective of the native’s Horoscope. It is a gem of beauty, charm, wealth and divine grace. Opal stone bestows the power of fulfillment to the wearer and enhances financial prosperity. Opal is the gemstone for planet Venus that brings love and happiness in life. If one feels a lack of divinve grace or charm in their life, they can Buy Opal Stone Online from Future Point Astroshop, the most trusted Astrological Website in India.
Purpose of wearing Opal Gemstone
Opal gemstone strengthens planet Venus, which is the ruler of relationships and luxury in Vedic Astrology. Therefore, wearing Opal brings satisfaction and strength in marital relations and helps in achieving a more beautiful life which is full of charm, art, grace, loyalty, faith fullness, culture and luxury. It is said to bring stability to a troubled marriage and improve the social relations of a person’s overall life. Opal stone has always been associated with love and passion due to its close ties with Venus. It can also act as an emotional stabilizer.
Wearing Opal stone as a ring blesses the wearer with good luck and power to handle all the situations. It helps in strengthening the memory of the wearer. Furthermore, it purifies blood, kidneys, regulates insulin, eases childbirth, and alleviates PMS and improves the immune system. Overall, the stone is said to be the most useful in preventing bad health. This stone gives strength and the ability to take back control over their lives to the wearer. Also, the wearer should this recite this Mantra to energize the stone with positive energy. “ Om Shum Shukraya Namaha ” (108 times). In Hindi “ ॐ शुं शुक्राय नमः ”.
Technical Composition of Opal Gemstone
Opal stone is a non-crystalline form of the mineral silica. Natural Opal Gemstone is generally milky in appearance. It is related to the more common crystalline cousins such as quartz and agate. Opal differs as it is formed from amorphous lumps of silica rather than that from naturally faceted crystals. The chemical composition of opal is SiO2H2O, silicon dioxide combined with water (an opal stone may contain up to 30% water.) Opal’s Moh’s hardness rating is measured at 6.0 to 6.5 on the scale similar in hardness to quartz.
Opal tends to be found near the earth’s surface in areas where ancient geothermal hot springs once flowed. The minerals bubbled up from beneath the surface of the earth and slowly over centuries lined the walls of cavities in the bedrock. More than 90% of the world’s quality of gemstone opals come from Southern Australia, although it can be found in other parts of the world such as Ethiopia, Brazil, Mexico, Czechoslovakia, and Nevada. All black opal comes exclusively from Australia.
Astrological Benefits of Opal Gemstone
People who took birth in the month of October must feel lucky to be blessed with the most magnificent and transcendental stones as their Birthstone. This Gemstone not only proves beneficial to the wearer but also provides healing in numerous ways.
- The magnificent and magical powers possessed by this gemstone comes from the miraculous heavenly body Venus. This gemstone is known as “The Eye of God” and “The Queen of Gemstones”.
- The powers of this Gemstone not only heal the ailments of the body but also enhance the spiritual powers of the native.
- Opal Gemstone provides Neuro-stability to its wearer as it creates a balance between the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
- This transcendental Gemstone changes its colors in accordance with the health of its wearer. With the slight illness, this gemstone will turn into a dull gray shade.
- The wearer of an Opal get benefit from it as it cures several problems related to eyes, throat, spleen, bone marrow, pancreas, and reproductive organs.
- People with Opal as their Birthstones are calm and gentle, this gemstone provides satisfaction and serenity to its wearer.
- It relieves the pain and makes the wearer relaxed and tension free.
- An Opal stone enhances the ability to make decisions and helps the wearer free from negative thoughts.
- Astrologers strongly believe that wearing white opal benefits the wearer in giving an extra push to the artistic expressions and aligns creative energies to gain better outcomes.
- It is highly beneficial in enhancing the mutual understanding and compatibility between the husband and wife.
- This stone is meant to attain peace and satisfaction in life that’s why people prefer to wear an Opal Gemstone.
- An individual has experienced an improvement in their telepathic and intuition power after wearing this stone with mystic powers.
- Opal gemstone can also be worn by the ascendants of Capricorn, Aquarius, Gemini & Virgo.
- The main purpose to wear Opal stone is to counteract the malefic effects of weak Venus in the native’s birth-chart and bring financial prosperity, physical well-being and good social status for the wearer.
- According to Indian astrology, Opal Ratna is assigned for Tula (Libra) and Vrishabha (Taurus) Rashi.
- Western astrology recommends Opal Birthstone for Libra sign.
Benefits of Opal Gemstone
For those who believe in the metaphysical properties of gemstones, Opal is like a blessing wrapped in the beauty that helps the wearer to cope up with the tough situations in life.
- According to the Vedas, the weak placement of the planet Venus in the horoscope indicates conflicts and disagreements in the native’s married life that might lead to separation.
- Milky Opal ratan is worn to stimulate love, harmony and mutual understanding between the couple and get rid of marital issues.
- It is believed that Venus relates to luxuries and worldly desires. Therefore, astrologers place deep faith in the opal ratan for not just elevating the financial conditions but also in maintaining the native’s social status and luxurious lifestyle.
- Being associated with the planet of creativity and innovation, the Natural Opal Gemstone is considered highly beneficial for individuals facing creative blocks, lack of inspiration and insecurities in life.
- This gemstone has the power to enhance the charm and passion of love and can turn the wearer into a loving, caring and affectionate person.
- In medical astrology, white Opal is highly valued for its metaphysical properties that are considered helpful in curing liver, kidneys and hormonal disorders.
- Being a healing gemstone, black Opal and fire Opal also benefits the wearer to get rid of various psychological problems and sleeping disorders.
- Opal stone brings loyalty, faithfulness, and spontaneity in the wearer.
- Opal is a protective stone that protects an individual from venturing into dangerous places as it also strengthens the will to live.
- It is associated with the attributes of beauty, knowledge, intellect, and good fortune.
- It is highly beneficial for people connected to tourism, media, travel, etc.
- Opal stone checks the insulin, eases childbirth and alleviates PMS and beneficial for eyes.
- Opal is the gemstone for Venus that brings love, romance in the life of the wearer and also teaches that the body is a temporary vehicle for the soul.
- Opal also helps to get the worldly comforts of life. It can solve various problems associated with the various aspects of life.
Identification of a real Opal Gemstone
Most of the real Opals are mined in Australia, which is the opal capital of the world. Russia and Hong Kong make fake Opal Gemstone that some shady jewelers try to pass off as the real thing.
Test for identification
- If Opal is a natural stone, then even with cutting and polishing it may not be entirely symmetrical.
- If Opal stone is having perfect circle or oval, then you should have a licensed jeweler inspect it before you make the purchase.
- If Opal seems to have multiple layers of color, then this is a good indication that it is the real thing.
Qualities of a good Opal Gemstone
- The Best source of Opal stone is in Australia. Opal Gemstone can be found in various colors like Red, Blue, Green, white and Black, but White Opal Stone is most desired as the fire complements the white Base Color of Opal. A good Quality Opal should have good Luster on its surface.
- Opal gemstone price widely depends on its quality and color. If you purchase original and natural Opal stone then it must be high in cost. Natural Opal Gemstone is rare, beautiful and highly expensive. However, to attract the customers, stones are heated and prepared in laboratories. These types of stone are considered synthetic and low-quality stones.
The degree of brilliance in color is the standard to judge the Opal price. A glowing gemstone in pure intense hue always commands a higher value. On the other hand, the dull colored Opal stones even with a definite pattern and colorful flashes may bring only an average price. The color comes from the reflection of the scattering of light from the minute, uniformly sized and closely packed silica spheres that make Opal stone a precious one. The arrangement of spheres, which vary in size and pattern is responsible for the different colors.
Precious Opal is generally cut into round, oval or pear shape. Its cost increases for special cuts like marquis, heart and rectangular due to the carat wastage involved in the process.
Carat and Clarity
An individual weighing 60 kgs can wear 6-carat Opal ratan. The level of transparency and inclusion defines the clarity of the stone. Dendrites, sand particles, webbing, healed fractures, and potch strand or dead spots are some natural inclusions that detract the value of Opal if visible through naked eyes. On the other hand, the level of transparency depends much on the type of Opal since transparency is admired in crystal Opal whereas the opaque spotless surface is desirable in White, Boulder, and Black Opal.
Note: Future point only deals with genuine astrology products. So Buy Natural Certified Opal Stone for best quality. Every product that you find in our Astro shop is of the highest quality and Lab certified examined by our expert Gemologists. Buy Opal Gemstone from our online store and get excellent results in life. Shop online for Opal Stone from Future Point, the most trusted Astrological Website in India. You are advised to take a Gemstone report from our renowned astrologers to know the suitability of Gemstone.
Disclaimer: Before wearing any gemstone make sure that you consult an Astrologer for your Horoscope and get the gemstone that suits you the best. Alternatively, you can also get a Gem Recommendation Report to check if the gemstone is suitable for you as per your Kundli Predictions.