Shardiya Navratri 2019 Day 4: Goddess Kushmanda
By: Indian Astrology | 17-Sep-2019Views : 2570
The Shardiya Navratri is a major festival celebrated in Hindu tradition, which is held in the honor of Goddess Durga. Navratri basically means nine nights, and comes in the month of Ashvin. The fourth day of Navratri belongs to Goddess Kushmanda. She rules heart chakra and it is ruled by Narayana. She is considered the creator of the universe.
The appearance of Goddess Kushmanda
She has eight hands in which she holds bows, arrows, a jar of nectar, kamandal, discus, mace, and lotus, and she also holds a rosary with which blesses her devotees. Because of the eight hands she has, she is also known as Ashthabhuja. She is considered to have a radiant face and golden body complexion.
4th Day of Navratri 2019
The 4th day of Navratri 2019 falls on the 1st of October 2019. Sun is believed to be directed by Maa Kushmanda. Thus, it is believed that worshipping Kushmanada Maa will help to reduce the ill and malefic effect of the planet Sun. With the help of proper Navratri Puja by Brahmin priests and with the correct Puja Vidhi, one can attain countless blessings that help him/her to attain heights in life.
One can experience a great and happy life with the help of Navratri Pooja, you can book Navratri Puja available online at Indian Astrology.
The legend behind Goddess Kushmanda
When the universe was non-existent, Ma Kushmanda produced a “little cosmic egg” with her smile. Because of this, the universe was then filled with light and it is also believed that she is the source of all the energy in the universe. It is further believed that she resides in the core of the sun and thus it is considered that she provides energy to all the living beings. She is known as the ultimate energy and worshipping her removes the negative and malefic impacts of the sun.
Orange color is highly dedicated to Goddess Kushmanda and it represents brightness, happiness, energy, creativity, and enthusiasm and it is a great tool for seeking blessings from Maa Kushmanda.
Kushmanda Puja Significance
Kushmanda Maa is worshipped in order to seek guidance from her and also the blessings of the Devi. it is believed that worshipping her can lead one to the correct direction and path. Her divine smile and the brightness of her face can eradicate all the worries of one’s life. Her divine energy can help one to fulfill the need of her worshippers so it helps them to lead a calm and happy life head.
Navratri is celebrated to cherish the different forms of Goddess Durga and her different forms on each day of the nine days are dedicated to one or the other form of Goddess Durga. She is worshipped in different forms to attain health, wealth, and happiness in life.
The importance of worshipping Maa Kushmanda is not only limited to this, but she is also known as the creator of the whole universe. The Vedic scriptures reveal that Maa Kushmanda gives direction and energy to the god of the light, ‘sun’. If one is afflicted by malefic effects of the sun in your Horoscope, then one should worship Maa Kushmanda to resolve all your problems with the effect of the malefic sun.
With the blessings bestowed by Maa Kushmanda, the individual is relieved from all the diseases and ailments. It will also help them to attain fame and name in society. She represents Anahata Chakra or the heart chakra in the yogic form of meditation.
Durga Saptashati Puja with Samput
Maa Kushmanda Puja Vidhi
For performing the Puja of Maa Kushmanda, below is proper Puja Vidhi:
- For bathing the idol of Maa Kushmanda, one requires milk, curd, sugar, and honey. It is believed that offering Paan and Supari to the goddess will bestow with the maximum benefits.
- The next thing in this Vidhi is to offer saree and bangles to Maa Kushmanda, and then worship her with the help of green cardamom.
- Using red-colored asana at the time of performing the Puja is considered really auspicious.
- The next thing is offering the Pumpkin and red-colored flowers to Maa Kushmanda.
- Now, worship her with the help of a Kalash and seek blessings from her in order to lead a life with wealth and good health.
- After this, you can offer bhog of fruits to the goddess and then distribute Prasad to other members of the family.
- One should always eat Satvik bhojan during the time Navratri.
Benefits of worshipping Maa Kushmanda
These are the following benefits of worshipping Maa Kushmanda:
- Worshipping Maa Kushmanda is really beneficial for an individual to eradicate all difficulties and problems from one’s life.
- The problem of lack of concentration can also be solved with the help of the blessings of Maa Kushmanda.
- She bestows her followers with good health and wealth.
An individual should chant this mantra to get the blessings of the Goddess.
"Om devi Kushmandayai namah"
With this, we hope that every devotee of Maa Kushmada gets her choicest blessings in life to get their every desire fulfilled.