Kartik Purnima 2019: Date, Pujan Vidhi, & Significance
By: Future Point | 09-Nov-2019Views : 2922
The Purnima or the full moon night in the Shukla Paksha of Hindu month of Kartik is known as Kartik Purnima. It is one of the most renowned Hindu festivals that is observed on the Purnima Tithi (full moon day) in the month of Kartik as per the traditional Hindu Calendar. Kartik Purnima is also known as ‘Tripuri Poornima’ or ‘Tripurari Poornima’ as it celebrates the victory of Lord Shiva over the demon named Tripurasura.
Bring good health and prosperity at your home on this Kartik Purnima by booking Satya Narayan Puja from Future Point.
When this sacred day falls in the ‘Krittika’ Nakshatra, it gets even more significance and is known as ‘Maha Kartik’. If it is Bharani Nakshatra, then a person is rewarded with auspicious results. And if it is Rohini Nakshatra on this day, then the importance of Kartik Purnima increases tenfold. It is said that Lord Vishnu took Matsya Avatar on the eve of Kartik Purnima. Lighting lamps and donating things after Ganga Snan (bathing in Ganga river) on this day give results similar to the results of ten Yagyas.
Significance of Kartik Purnima
The day of Kartik Purnima has its own religious as well as spiritual significance. It is believed that if a devotee worship Lord Vishnu on this day can attain all his blessings. Kartik Purnima is also celebrated as a birthday of the Tulsi plant. The day of Kartik Purnima is highly auspicious and any religious activity done on this day gives immense benefits. Performing puja, Daan or Snan on Kartik Purnima is equal to doing 100 Ashvamedha Yagya. It is aptly stated that Kartik Purnima gives Artha, Dharma, Karma, and Salvation.
Importance of Kartika Purnima Date & Festival
This year Kartik Purnima will fall on 12th November 2019 (Tuesday). The festival of Kartik Purnima is celebrated with great enthusiasm and zeal all across India, irrespective of the religious inclinations. It is also celebrated as Dev Diwali, the Diwali for Gods and Goddesses.
As per Hindu culture, the Hindu Gods descended to Earth in the sacred rivers, on this day, and therefore by taking holy dip devotees receive the divine blessings of all the Gods. Jainism devotees celebrate this day as the ‘Jain Festival of Light’. For followers of Sikhism, the day of Kartika Purnima marks the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev and is celebrated as Guru Nanak Jayanti or Gurpurab. By celebrating Tripura Utsava and lighting lamps (Deep Daan) in the evening of Kartik Purnima, all the pain and suffering of previous life end.
Story of Kartik Purnima
In the ancient period, there was a demon named Tripura. He performed very difficult austerity (Ghor Tapasya) in Prayagraj for one lakh years. Seeing his dedication, all living creatures and deities (Devta) got scared. So, Devtas sent apsara’s= to break his Tapasya, but it was useless. Pleased with the determination (Tapasya) of Tripurasura, Lord Brahma appeared before him and asked him to make a wish.
Tripurasura wished I should neither be killed by a deity nor a human, Brahma Ji granted him the wish after which, the demon got fearless and began to torture everyone. Not only that, but he even went to Kailash to overcome it. There he had a battle with God Shiva and in the end, God killed him with the help of God Brahma and God Vishnu.
Kartik Purnima 2019 Muhurat Timings
Purnima Tithi Begins at- 18:04:00 on November 11, 2019
Purnima Tithi Ends at- 19:06:40 on November 12, 2019
How to do Kartik Purnima Puja
Ganga Snan, lighting lamps (Deep Daan), Hom (Aahuti), Yagya and worshipping deities during Kartik Purnima hold great importance. The rituals that are performed on this day are as follows-
- First, wake up early in the morning then take a bath in a sacred river, lake or pond and vow for the fast.
- The devotee must worship the six creations named Shiva, Santati, Priti, Anusuiya, and Kshama during moonrise.
- If a Devotee donates a cow or an elephant, a horse, a chariot (Ratha) or Ghee on this day, the rewards received will be a person with the increased property.
- From Kartik Purnima onwards, if a person fasts for every Purnima and sings devotional songs (Jagrans) during that night, his/her all wishes can come true.
- Devotee performing fast on this Purnima, must perform the Havan and feed the needy and poor on this day.
- A Devotee should conclude the fast by bathing (Kartik Snan) in the Yamuna river and then lighting the lamps (Deep Daan) while worshipping Radha-Krishna.
Benefits of doing Puja on Kartik Purnima
Indian scriptures attach a lot of importance for puja performed on Karthika Purnima.
- Doing Puja on this day can remove all the obstacles and difficulties of one’s life.
- Those desiring peace and prosperity in the home can arrange for Satya Narayana Swami puja on the evening of Kartik Purnima to win the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- An individual can start his/her new work on this auspicious day for attaining Success. Or you can also Talk to Astrologers asking him/her favorable time according to your Kundali.
- Scholars who wish to do mantra sadhana can chant their chosen mantra on this day.
- Kartik Purnima is a highly auspicious Day one can obtain the desired results on this holy and highly efficacious day by performing all these pujas.
Future Point wishes all the devotees a very Happy Kartik Purnima. May every individual live a peaceful and happy life.