Celebrate Akshaya Tritiya in this Lockdown to Unlock Auspiciousness & Prosperity in your Life!
By: Future Point | 23-Apr-2020Views : 730
Akshaya Tritiya is a festival that is celebrated on the third date (Tritiya Tithi) of the waxing phase (Shukla Paksha) of the Lunar month of Vaishakha.
This year Akshaya Tritiya will be celebrated on 26th April 2020.
Akshaya means “that which never recedes and always grows & prospers”. The holy scriptures say that the planetary state and situation of energies in the cosmos on Akshaya Tritiya is such that wealth acquired on this day continues to increase and attract further prosperity in life.
Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi are especially worshipped on Akshaya Tritiya as it is believed that if one gets Their incredibly auspicious & prosperous blessings on this day, then that person will have abundant wealth, joy & bliss for his/her entire life to come.
Muhurat of Akshaya Tritiya
Muhurat is the classification of time based on the current planetary transits going on in the Zodiac Belt. Any major action or event that is important to us must be performed in a pious Muhurat to ensure the best positive results out of it.
The sacred scriptures of the Hindu faith say that any major event or action can be performed on Akshaya Tritiya without looking at the Muhurat as the entire time period of Akshaya Tritiya is considered to come under “Abujh Muhurat” or “SwayamSiddha Muhurat”.
This simply means that Muhurat wise Akshaya Tritiya is perfectly conducive for marriages, house warming functions (Grah Pravesh), spiritual rituals, starting new business ventures and other significant events.
Muhurat of Akshaya Tritiya 2020 is as follows:
- Beginning of Tritiya Tithi- 11:50 AM (25th April 2020)
- End of Tritiya Tithi- 01:21 PM (26th April 2020)
Popular Activities Performed on Akshaya Tritiya
The Holy Shastras say that any auspicious task executed on Akshaya Tritiya provides prosperous and positive results, hence people apart from other things, intentionally prefer buying a vehicle or a property on this particular day to ensure huge gains out of those purchases.
Buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya is very common among people as they consider gold as a traditional symbol of wealth. Hence, gold purchased on this day is believed to attract more wealth into their lives.
In order to get the blessings of the Divine and have a prosperous life ahead, married couples spend a fraction of their earnings towards helping the needy and donate some amount to Ashrams or Temples as well.
Various Pujas (Spiritual Rituals of Worship) to please different forms of the Divine are conducted by people in their homes on Akshaya Tritiya.
Historical and Spiritual Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
- One cycle of life on Earth gets completed in four “Yugas” which are the four major time segments spanning over millions of years. These are Sat Yuga, Treta Yuga, Dwapar Yuga and the ongoing Kali Yuga. The first two Yugas- Sat Yuga and Treta Yuga started on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- As per “Muhurat Shastra” which is the scripture that deals with the concept of time in relation to planetary movements in the Zodiac Belt, there are three and a half Muhurats in an year that are considered Akshaya (Never Receding and Always Growing & Prosperous). Akshaya Tritiya is one of those Muhurats and holds a very special place among them.
- The doors of the Badrinath Temple are opened after the winter break on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Lord Parshuram who is the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu took His avatar on Akshaya Tritiya and the avatar of Lord Hayagreeva also happened on this day as well.
- Sage Vyasa commenced reciting the Mahabharata to Lord Ganesh on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Mother Ganga descended upon Earth on Akshaya Tritiya.
- Pind Daan performed on Akshaya Tritiya gives immense peace and satisfaction to one’s ancestors.
Auspicious Astrological Yogas that are getting formed on Akshaya Tritiya 2020
There are many auspicious Yogas (Planetary Unions) as per astrology that when formed by certain specific positions of planets in the cosmos, create a natural ambience of success & prosperity for people who act during the time period of those Yogas.
During the entire Muhurat of Akshaya Tritiya this year, the following highly positive planetary Yogas are getting formed in the cosmos:
- Shankha Yoga
- Neech Bhang Yoga
- Parvata Yoga
- Amala Yoga
- Ruchaka Yoga
- Shasha Yoga
Also, Akshaya Tritiya 2020 is happening in the “Rohini Nakshatra” which in itself is a very auspicious Nakshatra that signifies success & growth!
Get the blessings of Lord Kuber on your family with Exclusive Dhan Kuber Puja Online.
How to Worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi in this Lockdown?
Every year on Akshaya Tritiya, people either go to temples to worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi or they arrange a Puja in their homes.
However, given the state of preventive lockdown that we are in these days due to the Coronavirus pandemic, it is best to only worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi inside our house.
We should bathe the idols of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi in Raw Milk and thereafter offer Saffron and Kumkum to those idols.
(If we have Gangajal available then we should bathe those idols in that as well after Raw Milk)
During the entire process, we should chant the following mantra with utmost devotion:
ऊं ह्रीं श्रीं कमले कमलालये प्रसीद प्रसीद महालक्ष्मयै नम:
Remember to worship Goddess Tulsi on Akshaya Tritiya. Worshipping Goddess Tulsi after lighting a lamp in front of a Tulsi plant brings the blessings of Goddess Tulsi and those of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi as well.
So, we wish you a very happy & prosperous Akshaya Tritiya 2020 and hope that you will be blessed by the Divine with abundant wealth, good health & success in life!
Devotees are blessed by the Goddess with stable everlasting wealth. Book Laxmi Pooja